DMX741 Universal LNBF Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the Channel Manager menu of the GEOSATpro DSR100c / 200c or DVR 1100c receiver, notice that at the bottom of the screen options are listed which are available by pressing a specific button on the remote. In the Rename Tab, press the Blue button to rename the satellite. Satellites cannot be added directly with remote. That is why we provide 10 blank "New Sat" positions.

You may add and also edit satellites and transponders using Channel Master

BTW.... If you do not have Galaxy 18-C and Galaxy 18-K in your list, check the version that is loaded. You may have outdated firmware and satellite / transponder lists. You will have much better firmware and an updated satellite and transponder list if you perform an OTA-SSU update from Galaxy 19-K on either TP 12115 or 11842, PID 330.

DSR-R100 series receivers use the channel edit software to add and modify satellite names, positions and transponders. We will be posting a new editor loader and an updated satellite / transponder list to our website next week. The new editor / loader fully supports transponder editing and firmware has clean, fast blind scan. Just approved it on Friday.

Last edited:
I don't see those Galaxy birds in the list.

>Satellites cannot be added directly with remote. That is why we provide 10 blank "New Sat" positions.

I'll take a look at that, thanks.

>You may add and also edit satellites and transponders using Channel Master

I have yet to hook it up to see what's on the serial but will do that soon.

>You may have outdated firmware and satellite / transponder lists.

It's Date is Sep 06/2008, ver S2.73.SN.301.FTA3.OSD2.080906

>if you perform an OTA-SSU update from Galaxy 19-K on either TP 12115 or
>11842, PID 330.

I need to confirm this. So, the above is 97.0W, set to KU, and using the TP you've noted. Since the receiver only has this bird on C, then I need to change the LNB frequency and turn 22K on.
You mention either TP 12115 or 11842, PID 330. What is PID, is that the symbol rate? I'm guessing not since lyngsat shows other frequencies.

Once this is done, and I have a minimal signal, find the menu options needed to update.

Is this correct? I've tried this and am unable to get anything so far which is why I'd like to confirm. Also, do you have a URL for any software, etc, for this receiver?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Before I put the new LNBF in, I was picking everything I should be up on C. Now I still get W5 and a few of the ones I already had programmed but for example, no matter how much I scan E/W, I cannot get a G3C signal which was in my list.

Does this indicate something to do with the skew?

>You may have outdated firmware and satellite / transponder lists. You will have
>much better firmware and an updated satellite and transponder list if you perform
>an OTA-SSU update from Galaxy 19-K on either TP 12115 or 11842, PID 330.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware for this device? I found the update software but have no way of knowing what is the right, current software. The best I can find is 301 FTA SATAV_VER091105_rom.bin

>It's Date is Sep 06/2008, ver S2.73.SN.301.FTA3.OSD2.080906

I updated with what I could find and am now;
Nov 05/2009, ver S02.91.SN.301.FTA3.OSD2.08090

SATire said:
if you perform an OTA-SSU update from Galaxy 19-K on either TP 12115 or 11842, PID 330.

Please note that the OTA-SSU satellite update is for the DSR100c/200c and DVR1100c models and does not apply to your model. When I posted this information, it was unknown what model of GEOSATpro receiver you own. Based on current posts, I see that you own a DSR-R100b rack mount model.

SATire said:
Also, do you have a URL for any software, etc, for this receiver?

Go to your model of receiver on the www.Satelliteav.com website. Upgrade package is at the bottom of the each product listing. New firmware and new loader editor will be available shortly. We will post on this forum when the update and software is released from testing.

Last edited:
>I see that you own a DSR-R100b rack mount model.
>Go to your model of receiver on the website.

Ok, that's the same version I've just upgraded too. Wasn't sure if I was perhaps missing a URL. Last updated, 2009.

Only a few satellite name changes in the past year so no need to release new satellite list upgrade until now.

The new firmware addresses a few firmware upgrades, corrects a blind scan error and supports new channel editing software. I will PM the unreleased firmware / software for your testing.

Sounds good. Since the update, blind scans don't seem to work. I hit the Blue button and each time, about 2 seconds into it, goes back to Blind Search screen.

Another interesting thing. On 105 for example, after I switch to the C menu, where my W5 comes to life when the LNB kicks in, it takes probably 30 seconds to a minute for signal to come in. I'd say I messed up the firmware or something? The unit is pretty much unusable other than sitting on 105 now since blind scans and other things don't seem to work.

Looking forward to the new firmware version :)

Thanks to a support call to SatelliteAV, the problems were resolved by testing both sides of the LNBF and making some changes to the device configuration.

Since then, I've re-connected the 6' loop so that I'm back to one cable going into the geosat. From there, the loop out goes into the 410.

C/KU both work but I have a problem with W5 not getting a signal so am trying to figure that one out. I believe it's because my LNBF isn't right skew wise so I'm having a hard time finding anything on 105.

Could someone give me something on either C or KU for 105.
I have C, 3780/H/1410, 3940/H/1370 and 3920/V/1350 but am finding nothing there.

Mike

Last edited:
Does it point to the LNBF squew since I can scan channels on 121 but can't see Russia Today for example?
Getting what appear to be strong signals, picking things up on all birds, just not the usual. Another one I just can't find is AL JAZEERA.

Something new learned, this being the first Winter I've experienced owning FTA dishes.
Snow and ICE, the buildup, there's enough weight that it pushes the dish downward, taking it out of alignment.
Noticed it today while changing the LNBF back to the old dms 742 I had up there. I lifted the dish a little and saw an instant, large rise in signal.

Doesn't seem to be that much snow/ice on it but most certainly was enough to take much of my signals away.

Suddenly, a LOT of stuff is coming in.

you'd be amazed at what snow does ;)
I cleaned off my 6 foot dish on Saturday 3 times. I dont know how much snow you got in the north metro but we got 22 here about 5 miles from Mystic Lake

I've had to do the same thing...push up on the dish a little bit and bam better signal

Same here, lots of snow but it is the ice buildup on the dish that really created the problem. My wife keeps telling me to go spray it with PAM. Thought I'd read that won't work for very long?

Also, can RT and AL JAZEERA be found anywhere on C-band? I see it in non English on 121 but nowhere else.

Al Jazeera English is on 121W C-Band (3900 transponder)
Russia Today in English is only on KU...Spanish version is on 121W C-Band

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)