Do I need a phone line connected?

You can also connect the ethernet port to your network a avoid the $5 fee but you will need the phone line for some of the ITV features to work.

So I am safe. All I need is to connect the dual tuner, and the hd dvr does not really need a phone line? Any opinions on the wireless jack's that connect to the homes electrical?

You can also connect the ethernet port to your network a avoid the $5 fee but you will need the phone line for some of the ITV features to work.

About that ethernet port how much does something like that cost? can you gave me any names or any model numbers? I would like to see which is cheaper to go ethernet or use wireless jacks.

If you have broadband internet service (usually DSL or cable) you can plug into the router or modem for your service to the receiver. I believe some receivers have wireless capability as well. You need to have a broadband internet service to make this work in any case.

How more xxxxed up can it get?

I can order HDPPV channels using the ethernet connection, but for On Demmand SD channels i need phone line.

Well, i guess SD=analog=history=phone line, and HD=digital=future=ethernet/VOIP

Screw Dish i am getting disgusted.

All i have left is pray for FIOS, pray harder i guess :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)