Doctor Who: Series 6

Obviously, some time prior to April 29th @ 9:00pm :D

About time to fire up the old proxifier again.

BBC One has announced that Series 6 will premiere on Sat, April 23rd.

They will run 7 episodes and then take a break during the summer.

After which, the final 6 will start in September

Now can we have David Tenant back yet?
Better yet, Tom Baker.

Everyone has someone they wan't back. My father was a huge Pertwee fan, and my wife would love to have Eccleston back, as he was more take charge and not as whinney as Tennant. Plus he would have people fight to the death (as in his final episode) as opposed to Tennant telling everyone to surrender to decapition (as with any episode with the cybermen).

As it is, Matt Smith is growing on me. His quirkyness is fun to watch, plus not everyone companion is going lovey dovey over him (that got old quick).

David Tenant was the best doctor to me ....so FAR. At least in this last decade of watching it. I have watched some old episodes from the 60's , 70's and 80's on Netflix and they just don't compare story wise or special effects wise to me.

I agree on special effects, but I can't use that for comparison as they used what was available at the time. It's like saying ST:TNG is better than Classic Star Trek because the effects are better.
For example, Colin Baker's series had much better graphics than Jon Pertwee's, but the writing was horrendous. But with 20 years between the 2, the effects better be better.

Unfortuantely some of the best ones of the era are not available on Netflix. Talons of Weng Chiang is about the only great one I've seen on Netflix.

How to handle spoilers from earlier British showing?

BBC is starting to show Doctor Who - series 6 this Saturday. BBC America will show it the following Friday, a 6 day lag.

How should we handle spoilers?
Spoiler tags for a week? Or just assume everyone is using Torrent or a proxy to watch on BBC's website, and spoil away?

Personally I'd say assume everyone is torrenting (especially since BBC-A tend to cut for time). But if anyone objects I guess we can use tags.

What say you?

BBC is starting to show Doctor Who - series 6 this Saturday. BBC America will show it the following Friday, a 6 day lag.

Spoiler tags for a week? Or just assume everyone is using Torrent or a proxy to watch on BBC's website, and spoil away?

Personally I'd say assume everyone is torrenting (especially since BBC-A tend to cut for time). But if anyone objects I guess we can use tags.

What say you?

Are you sure they are still editing for time?

RIP ELisabeth Sladen

It is with great sadness that we have to report that the actress Elisabeth Sladen - forever known to us as the Doctor's best friend, Sarah Jane Smith - has died. The news, which was broken on Twitter earlier today, has since been confirmed via Twitter by Doctor Who Magazine and by BBC News.
The Doctor Who News Page: Elisabeth Sladen 1948-2011

What say you?

I think you are off on the schedule. BBC America is showing series 6 premiere on the same day as the UK airing this Saturday April 23 9pm ET / 8PM CT

I was shocked this evening when I looked at the news headlines and saw the news regarding Elisabeth Sladen.

Sarah Jane Smith, Elisabeth Sladen RIP!

Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen dies - Telegraph

She died of cancer at age 63 last night! That's just too young!

lis_sladen_k9_classic_bbc_400_400x300.jpg

Whooops, sorry Dfergie, didn't see you there!

Last edited:
I think you are off on the schedule. BBC America is showing series 6 premiere on the same day as the UK airing this Saturday April 23 9pm ET / 8PM CT
QUOTE]I went by the info in the EW.com link that I posted. It's nice that they've moved it up.
Too bad I'll be out of town for the weekend.

I wonder what they'll do about the Sarah Jane Adventures.
I read this morning that 3 of the 6 stories for Series 5 have already been filmed and filming of the last 3 has been postponed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)