Doctor Who: Series 6

Just finished watching the premiere and it was pretty good, but as always it leaves you asking questions. I started not to watch till next week, since it is a two-parter, but I couldn't resist.

I only saw the first 25 mins on BBCA before I had some guests show up but it looked to be the same other than the commercials. They said it was presented with limited commercial interruption and the UK airing was right at 45min, so I don't think they did any snipping on this episode. I was surprised at the lack of annoying popups during the episode. I wonder if this is a one time occurrence or if BBC America is making a greatly needed change. Now if they would just add more UK programming.

I only saw the first 25 mins on BBCA before I had some guests show up but it looked to be the same other than the commercials. They said it was presented with limited commercial interruption and the UK airing was right at 45min, so I don't think they did any snipping on this episode. I was surprised at the lack of annoying popups during the episode. I wonder if this is a one time occurrence or if BBC America is making a greatly needed change. Now if they would just add more UK programming.
BBC-A does that at times for the first airing, the hacks it for any others.

I watched on BBC-A as we had just gotten home about an hour prior from a trip to Philly, and I didn't have time to download it, so watched on TV instead.

Looks like Amy and Dr.Who have a child together( little time lord girl). Now the real fun is figuring out how and why it happened and when the sh*t hits the fan for old Rory. Maybe next week the mail will be from this little girl.

Meridith Viera doing a guest spot sometime this season, saw the segment on Monday, during 2nd hour of Today.

Nobody else think how weird it is that Amy and the Doctor had a kid together? Neither remembers it ,but the little girl was wandering earth back in the year 1969 a couple of weeks ago. And the Doctor kept seeing Amy's xray showing her pregnant, than not ,back and forth .

Nobody else think how weird it is that Amy and the Doctor had a kid together? Neither remembers it ,but the little girl was wandering earth back in the year 1969 a couple of weeks ago. And the Doctor kept seeing Amy's xray showing her pregnant, than not ,back and forth .

I think it is going to be the long arc story of the season. A paradox was created somehow and the end result is still not determined.

True but it is a bit groundbreaking . The Doctor has never bedded anyone of his companions ,much less had a child with them, or in this case forgotten it. But in could be that it was a future version of the doctor that was killed in the 1969 episode by the astronaut , that is the father . That would explain his reason for not knowing it . But Amy's memory is still in question. Unless it is a future version of Amy that had the baby and it somehow been brought back to 1969. Talk about paradoxes.

I don't know what Steven Moffat smokes when he's writing this stuff, but I definitely want some.

Last edited:
OK, I just finished the mid season finale and one very important question was answered. Who is River Song? The answer turned out to be one of my two guesses after watching the last few episodes. Not really great in terms of a cliffhanger ending, but the rumors for the second half of the season sound interesting.

Why did BBC America have to take a week off for the holiday's last week. In this day and age stuff will be all over the internet by tomorrow.

Just watched the finale too, and my big question is from the Library.
Why did she not regenerate?
I actually guessed who she was part way through, but at the crib scene when he figured out, I suddenly thought she was his mother. That's what I get for thinking twice about my guesses.

Why did BBC America have to take a week off for the holiday's last week. In this day and age stuff will be all over the internet by tomorrow.
Memorial Day weekend, no one would be watching.

Personally I think they should have shown both this week. I watched last night's on BBC America, but because of the cliffhanger with the labor, I watched next weeks today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)