Doctor Who: Series 6

Yeah, great episode.

I was shocked when Mels told the Doctor to ask her parents. Didn't see that coming.

Was hilarious seeing how the young Amy & Rory were.

Steven Moffatt is either a genius or a complete moron. I haven't figured out which yet.

I don't know how this season ends but I sure hope they don't play the "reboot the universe" card again, as has been done at least twice that I can remember recently. Last season with the Pandorica, and before that the 10th Doctor in a cage until Martha's long walkabout was done. The "oh by the way none of that really happened because we went back and fixed time" thing is pretty difficult to do in any non-bogus way and just gets worse if overused. Sci-Fi writers should not use "Dallas" for inspiration.

Speaking of which. Sorry, but the Doctor is still stuck in the Pandorica and Amy is still dead. He escaped from the Pandorica by plastic Rory using the sonic screwdriver, which the Doctor put in Amy's pocket, AFTER he escaped from the Pandorica! If you're going to write circular logic stuff like that, you may as well just be making it all up. :D

Last edited:
So ... I forget the exact wording ... but did anybody get the young Amy "voice hologram" in the TARDIS when she said to the effect "fish fingers and custard"???

The Doctor seemed to think that was such a brilliant idea.

Anyone know what that was all about?

So ... I forget the exact wording ... but did anybody get the young Amy "voice hologram" in the TARDIS when she said to the effect "fish fingers and custard"???

The Doctor seemed to think that was such a brilliant idea.

Anyone know what that was all about?

LOL I didn't get that either and wondered the point of that scene myself.

-Mike

It goes back to Matt Smith's first episode. He meets young Amelia after crash landing the Tardis and is trying to figure out what he likes to eat. It turns out Fish Fingers and Custard is what made him happy.

Ahhh yes, I remember now. Was it not right after he regenerated??? Therefore he knew then that River had just regenerated and knew he had to go to her.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last night's episode was interesting. As a stand alone episode, and knowing Moffet's tendency to use elements from those, I keep wondering if another "mocking bird" will show up somehow.

Well that was interesting with two Amy's. Pretty good episode.

I am wondering how they are eventually going to get the Doctor's regenerations back, since he made mention that he didn't have any regenerations left in this episode, so he couldn't leave the Tardis to find Amy and he saw the data from the robot showing his death in the Hitler episode.

I think the girl playing Amy Pond proved she is a great actress. She did an excellent job playing an older version of herself. She even looked much older and she lowered her voice to sound deeper , more jaded etc. The acting between her and Rory at the end was like a tear jerker movie. I felt for her. She really didn't want to die , but in the end she put Rory and her younger version, in front of her own need to survive. I used to like Rose Tyler more, but I think Amy is my new favorite.:cool:

Well that was interesting with two Amy's. Pretty good episode.

I am wondering how they are eventually going to get the Doctor's regenerations back, since he made mention that he didn't have any regenerations left in this episode, so he couldn't leave the Tardis to find Amy and he saw the data from the robot showing his death in the Hitler episode.

I thought the "virus" that prevented the regenerations. That is why the Doctor wanted out of there because if he got the virus, it was extremely deadly to "doctors" because it somehow prevented/stopped them from regenerating.

I am pretty sure the Doctor will always be able to regenerate. After all someone else will eventually replace the current actor. Even if the series get cancelled, they may want to bring it back again someday...

The Doctor screwing up time streams in order to save the young Amy in leu of the old Amy was very much out of character, as it causes all kinds of paradoxes, and interferes with his own time stream. He's had the same options before to save companions as Adric's death showed. He even gave reasons to Teagan why he couldn't go back in time to save him.

Moffet has a really bad habit of wibbly wobbly timey whiming things, as this episode and the Big Bang has shown. His writing is great, but he puts a lot of holes in stuff when he gets to wibbly wobbling.

I thought the "virus" that prevented the regenerations. That is why the Doctor wanted out of there because if he got the virus, it was extremely deadly to "doctors" because it somehow prevented/stopped them from regenerating.
That's what it sounded like. He said the virus would cause death in 24 hours, no regeneration. So he still has his 2 remaining regenerations left (though I would think it should be 1 because of the Stolen Earth/Journey's End use of his regeneration energy).

He even gave reasons to Teagan why he couldn't go back in time to save him.
No doubt part of that was enforcement of certain rules by the Time Lords, which are at this point extinct and/or irrelevant. He is now truly making the rules as he goes which can get quite dangerous.

The Doctor screwing up time streams in order to save the young Amy in leu of the old Amy was very much out of character, as it causes all kinds of paradoxes, and interferes with his own time stream. He's had the same options before to save companions as Adric's death showed. He even gave reasons to Teagan why he couldn't go back in time to save him.

Moffet has a really bad habit of wibbly wobbly timey whiming things, as this episode and the Big Bang has shown. His writing is great, but he puts a lot of holes in stuff when he gets to wibbly wobbling.

Well I thought that the reason it worked in this episode is that the timeline was artificial. Amy was in her very own timestream detached from reality. The Tardis was able to enter her timestream following the signal from the giant magnifying glass. Messing up that timestream/creating paradoxes/etc. would not happen in the real timeline.

They really ruined the "surprise" when they shows scenes of before. When they made a point to show the "Dave" robot ship with the tiny people, I realized right away the real Doctor wouldn't be killed, but that he used the robot to fool everyone.

Derwin's spoiler rule #17: whenever they show scenes from a past episode, then it somehow pertains to the current one.

Other than that, the episode was pretty good.

When the robot first came out a few episodes back ... that was the first thought I had ... "Hey the Doctor needs one of those and do a switch."

I was actually right :)

What I love about this show is they ability the writers have to bring things up from a season or two ago, with a different Doctor even ... and wrap it in to the plot. I am talking about the whole Doctor's "name" thing back at the library. The writers are either completely brilliant to have such a foresight, or ... the writers throw something in there ... not knowing where to really take it ... but then grab it later. Either way ... I love it.

I love the ending ... "The question in plain sight" ... I slammed my forehead on that one ... well done ;)

So we are left with a Christmas episode, an Easter episode ... and then next fall the series spins up again ... sigh ... not sure if I will survive ;)

When the robot first came out a few episodes back ... that was the first thought I had ... "Hey the Doctor needs one of those and do a switch."

I was actually right :)

What I love about this show is they ability the writers have to bring things up from a season or two ago, with a different Doctor even ... and wrap it in to the plot. I am talking about the whole Doctor's "name" thing back at the library. The writers are either completely brilliant to have such a foresight, or ... the writers throw something in there ... not knowing where to really take it ... but then grab it later. Either way ... I love it.

It helps that Moffatt wrote the Library episodes too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)