Doctor Who: Series 6

Just watched the finale too, and my big question is from the Library.
Why did she not regenerate?
I actually guessed who she was part way through, but at the crib scene when he figured out, I suddenly thought she was his mother. That's what I get for thinking twice about my guesses.
The answer is:
too much energy, same reason she took the Doctor's place to save his life (he wouldn't have been able to regenerate either). And the reason she couldn't be teleported out of the computer like the other "saved" library patrons were was because her body was dead, only her consciousness in the screwdriver got uploaded, much like the ones who were eaten by the shadows.
However, I suspect
another trip to the Library might be in order at some point.

Memorial Day weekend, no one would be watching.

Personally I think they should have shown both this week. I watched last night's on BBC America, but because of the cliffhanger with the labor, I watched next weeks today.
Much better watching the originals anyway. Besides the obvious no commercials, you actually get to see and hear the end credits sequences. And no stupid made-for-dumbed-down-Americans "my name is amy pond and i had an imaginary friend..." intro. And no stupid screen spam popups.

I really like the twists the last two episodes ... even in the name ... River Song.

But ...

With River coming from the Doctor's future ... you kind of know that ... things will work out ... so it kind of takes the suspense out of things.

I doubt they will go back to the Library myself. The Doctor rarely goes back and would seem out of character to me.

The beauty of the character River Song and what she actually is ... also implies that they are not bound to the same actress either. Not the the current would not be amazing as a future companion though.

Some really really good stuff this season. Loved the music the last 20 minutes of this last episode too.

Ending on episode 6 would have been a HUGE cliff hanger ... I am glad they wrapped the season up with this seventh though. It put a lot of closure on things.

Torchwood spools up in a month ... and then the Doctor is back in the fall.

I think I can survive ;)

My wife thinks I am nuts for watching Doctor Who ... I simply can't get enough though :)

Last edited:
Now that the half season is over, I'm rewatching it again to catch little details.

For instance, it's never shown who is in the space suit when the Doctor is shot. My guess is that it's someone else besides the little girl.
As for the Doctor, I was thinking the same as Amy that it was the Flesh, but since it killed itself, not sure about that.

Just know that it's probably not the Doctor really dying. My guess now is that it was trickery put on for the watching Silence guy (noticed in my re-watch, that one was observing). Probably River in the suit (she loves guns after all) helping him put on the act.

The answer is:
too much energy, same reason she took the Doctor's place to save his life (he wouldn't have been able to regenerate either). And the reason she couldn't be teleported out of the computer like the other "saved" library patrons were was because her body was dead, only her consciousness in the screwdriver got uploaded, much like the ones who were eaten by the shadows.
However, I suspect
another trip to the Library might be in order at some point.
Yeah, I had to go back and look at that, to remember why she did it and not him.

I do agree that he might think about going back and seeing if she survived, course she could look like anything by then. Or she'll just pop up and say it happened and this is what she looks like now. Maybe even become a full time companion then (more than likely for a future Doctor), and it'll be like traveling with Romana again (with guns of course).

Am I the only one that noticed the horrible time-compression BBC America did on the last episode? The music and sound were absolutely terrible the way it would speed up in places.

And now the theme tune has TARDIS sound effects. Don't know if I like that, the lightning bolts were overkill already.

Regarding the resolution of the current plot(s).
I went back and watched Eleventh Hour this weekend. There's a bit when Amy comes in the TARDIS and is looking around, there's a look of sheer terror on her face for a couple of seconds then she turns around and is happy again. Wonder what she was looking at.

Pepper said:
Am I the only one that noticed the horrible time-compression BBC America did on the last episode? The music and sound were absolutely terrible the way it would speed up in places.

And now the theme tune has TARDIS sound effects. Don't know if I like that, the lightning bolts were overkill already.

Regarding the resolution of the current plot(s).* SPOILER *

I'm currently working my way through past episodes via Netflix streaming. They do not appear to be edited for length. Am I better off waiting for season 6 to be available via Netflix or watching season 6 via dvr recording of bbca? How bad is the editing of the episodes?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hence why I go the download route. BBC America is just for second viewings. Too much screen clutter and editing going on. I just have to wait for my sister and brother in law and friends to watch it before I can say anything.

I am surprised they didn't just cut the opening titles and theme out to save having to cut something later or run a few minutes long. It seems like every channel cuts or compresses the beginning and ending credits now.

The past few days, I rewatched this first half of the season, and then all the episodes with River Song before that (including the Library), and have come to the conclusion that she is in the spacesuit (grown, not as a kid) when it shoots the Doctor, and then goes to prison for it, in a move to fool the silence into thinking the Doctor is dead (notice that Amy saw a silence there in 2012, not 1969 when the people started killing them). "Burning" the "body" was probably a move to ensure the Silence would not investigate it.

Haven't rewatched Eleventh Hour recently, but based on what Pepper said, I think I will this week.

I'm sure there are not any real spoilers in that, but what I saw makes me like the River Song character even less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts