Doctor Who: Series 6

I also enjoyed it, though agree I thought the same thing with the robot... so wasn't surprised either. I also liked how they ended it as he does need to disappear a bit as he really has become quite the "Center of the universe" with a reputation. I don't remember him ever really being like that with the old-school episodes. He had his handful of nemesis that knew him well, but most of the time no one had any clue who he was... I kind of liked that :) Regardless not most exciting finales, but I enjoyed it. I see someone mentioned next Fall;are they no longer doing the Spring/Fall split anymore? Even with the split the season really flew by :(

-Mike

Ya ... he said something to the effect now that he is going to "slip into the shadows" (if I remember correctly).

So ... does that mean then that the Doctor ... in his effort to remain "unknown" ... is going to sacrifice saving a person here or a planet there in effort to remain "hidden"??? Obviously ticking off his companions and who knows who else along the way???

Guess we got to wait a year to find out ...

Every season the Dr seems to manage to save the universe from some big new threat, and narrowly escape death in the process. This was not different, except that they teased us with showing that he died at the beginning...

Can anyone here tell me the number of the episodes starting with "Let's kill Hitler" to the last episode shown of this latest season? I need the Dish Guide episode #, not the BBC episode #, if that makes sense. I'm trying to make sure I haven't missed any when I recorded them. My wife was home after her surgery and I completely missed all the latest episodes. I recorded them about a week ago when BBC replayed them all in a row.
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

Don't know the Dish order, but if the episode titles are in the guide info, then the order is

Lets Kill Hitler
Night Terrors
The Girl Who Waited
The God Complex
Closing Time
The Wedding of River Song

Don't know the Dish order, but if the episode titles are in the guide info, then the order is

Lets Kill Hitler
Night Terrors
The Girl Who Waited
The God Complex
Closing Time
The Wedding of River Song

Thanks! That will probably help me. Take care!

Anyone see it? Great once again.

Was there a blackout on the US sats? Didn't see any ads for it and they don't carry SpaceHD. You know they use those extra dishes to get Space so they can see it.

It was advertised a lot on BBC America last week and aired Sunday night during the Doctor Who marathon. I grabbed the commercial free version from BBC UK Sunday afternoon and then things came up and I still haven't had a chance to watch it. Maybe tomorrow, girlfriend and I are watching the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special tonight and I have work files to get ready for tomorrow after that. Normally I watch them as soon as the BBC iplayer has it available.

Watched it ,but it really didn't hold my attention . I was on the computer while it was on. These Christmas episodes kind of stand on their own with no connection to what was going on during the regular season.

Good fun stand alone episode. Only problem now, is the good Doctor won't return to the airwaves until August or September 2012.

Hell, I didn't know that...I thought this was like a mid-season start up. You know, so many stations now start a program season at different time through the year, with some having like a "split" season. That's a bummer! I' glad I recorded the special. Now I just have to watch it!

Good fun stand alone episode. Only problem now, is the good Doctor won't return to the airwaves until August or September 2012.

Maybe not if they do like this year...Start late April, with 6 weeks off starting mid June, back in August.

KAB said:
Maybe not if they do like this year...Start late April, with 6 weeks off starting mid June, back in August.

I read somewhere that they were going to run the entire season in the fall. But, I can't remember if they signed on to do an Easter special this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Moffat didn't like the split season or the 2 part episodes, so they are going back to a single run and no to be continued episodes. They will have to start no later than early September to be able to get all 13 episodes in before the normal Christmas Special.

Well, I'm guess I'm not that big of a fan to be tuned into what Moffet likes or doesn't like.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)