Does Sirius XM offer internet only account?

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I now have the radio in my van but want to have internet only and close the radio. I pay 18.30 per month and I saw the internet only is $14.95 but I can't see how swap the radio for the internet only. I just added internet to test it out and they are charging me an additional $3.50 a month for that.

You have the most expensive package, why not get the $14.99 package, it has almost everything yours package has minus premiums.
Also, you can call SiriusXM and ask them if they will give you the internet free for at least a year if you keep your subscription, otherwise you want to drop your service. Very likely will do that.T
To answer what I think your question is, you need to call to drop a radio and keep only the internet.

After much searching through their web page I found a button that said turn on all package options. Here I discovered a news and talk radio package. Because I recognize my personal habits of very rarely listening to music and 99.99% of the time I have CNBC, I was able to down grade my account for $9.99 a month plus 3.50 for internet. This was a good compromise. Didn't need to call but I did have to reactivate my car radio by following the instructions and then had to redo all my presets. The trick was I had to send the activate signal from my computer in my office and then go to the radio to follow the instructions. A little bit of back and forth but in 20 minutes, I think were done and I now have the app on my thunderbolt for sirius internet too.

Thanks, I will consider that on the next go around. Presently, I was only trying to pay for what I need. I needed a sirius source for the other car and never listen to music with it. I think about August, I will try a pay annual deal like you did and see what better deals they offer. Meanwhile I will also be exploring other ways to get the programming I want. I won't make idle threats to leave unless I have a backup plan when I do. Presently I don't have a backup plan in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)