Does Tivo work with Your Voom? Yes!

Just go off the phone with TIVO. It was supposed to be released for Voom today. They say they ran into a guide problem and have no ETA. I am emailing Wilt now to put a bug up their A**.

Bill

TIVO now says we should have it in 2 days :)

Actually, that announcement on our support site appears to be a bit
premature. We do expect Voom support to become "official" in the next
couple of days though.

(warning -- TiVo newbie here!)

Does anyone know how exactly Tivo will work with Voom? Does the TiVo box connect to/control the Voom STB?

-John

You'll have to connect Tivo to STB with composite or S-video. You'll probably have to use IR cable to change channels, but serial could happen. Since there's only one STB, finding the code will not be a problem. All the jacks on the stb are hot, so you can leave the stb hooked up with dvi or composite and through tivo.

and if Tivo doesn't work with Voom right away, I use my Tivo on the DirectTv lineup to record my local network shows. Use General Intruments code 10035 for the Tivo to control the Voom STB. Thanks cyuhnke for the code info especially!

TIVO has asked me to beta test TIVO & VOOM so as soon as I am allowed to tell everyone I will let you guys here it here first!

Bill

According to posts on the Yahoo group:

Tivo now supports VOOM just like Dish and Direct. All the Channels
are there, season pass, guide etc... This is awesome, except it still
records in standard def of course.

Wilt did you finally pund on them? Anyway just select VOOM-USA as
your satellite provider when prompted and select Motorolla as the
reciever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this means the guide problem was fixed now?

Anyone : Can we use a hughes D* tivo with Voom or do we have to use a stand alone tivo????? HD=Voom

dtsfanohio said:
Does Replay officially work with Voom?

Nope, but with the 3rd party apps that have been out for a while now you can have full guide data populated and record. It's very nice. I do wish they'd officially support it however. I love WiRNS, but there are some quirks to it.

-MP

Sniffle..sniffle.. I had to disconnect my TiVo a while ago when I switched to Voom since Voom wasn't supported. Now that it is, I hooked everything back up, but my TiVo now refuses to boot. It worked fine before. Now it displays the first screen that says to wait a moment, and at that point it is locked. I have tried reseating all of the connectors, but it still won't work. I tried posting a message at the TiVo Forum, but I don't seem to be getting any responses. Does anyone here have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

Working good. When you select your STB brand, you're given all these manufacturers. As far as I know, Motorola's the only one making the boxes. Select Motorola. There's only one code available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts