Does Tivo work with Your Voom? Yes!

I currently have the Sony SAT-T60 D* Receiver with built-in Tivo, is this considered a standalone because it wasn't from Hughes or does it fall in the Hughes category as well? I don't want to purchase another Tivo machine since it doesn't record in HD and V*'s very own HD-PVR might be coming out in the next couple of months.

I'd be interested to know this as well. Can I use the DirecTV Tivo for VOOm (kinda doubt it).

I don't know. Repeat guided setup and see what happens. You won't lose anything you've recorded.

astrossuperfan said:
Voom-USA? Does this mean locals aren't supported?

It doesn't seem like locals are supported. Tivo won't change to any of my locals even though they are in the program guide.

locals are only supported (currently) via a second line from the antenna to the Tivo.

At least it's a step in the right direction.

Also, the Tivo will downres HD channels and record them in SD via Svideo or composite. There are currently no plans for a HD Tivo that would work with Voom. Voom's HD DVR should be available in the late summer or fall.

So what is the consensus.... Should I go out and get a tivo? How should I set it up for my locals?

txbigguy said:
Should I go out and get a tivo?

If I didn't have a tivo already, I wouldn't go get one. I'd wait until Voom's DVR comes out and upgrade for free. If you have your heart set on a Tivo, hook it up like this:

Analog Antenna>Coax>Tivo (optional = see below)
Voom>Svideo>Tivo>svideo>TV
Voom>Component/DVI>TV

You'll have to switch between inputs on your TV between tivo and voom's box. As far as locals are concerned, you'll have to choose between:
analog locals from an antenna and Voom's sat lineup
OR
digital locals using another lineup like D*, but no other Voom channels

As you can see, a huge pain in the butt. That's why I would wait on voom's DVR.

Could I split the signal coming from the stealth ant?? to the tivo box for the locals?

Is the stealth is a UHF only antenna? I don't know I didn't use the stealth. Analog signals are mostly VHF. If the stealth is UHF only, then no you can't split the line.

Where are you in TX? I'm in the Houston area and our analog locals are pretty much all VHF. There was no way in hell I was going to use analog locals for my tivo, so i use the D* lineup for Tivo so I can record my digital locals. All the HD shows are downrezed.

I miss my Daily Show season pass. :(

Ok I almost forgot that I also have cable in the house(just got the bill)... Is there a way that I can feed the tivo unit to be able to record off of both inputs... cable for locals and voom for well voom stuff.....

I did manage to tune to the locals on my tivo, but... it is not listed in the guide. I only get one in Palm Springs (stupid poor stations!) and is listed on Voom at 36-1. But... on Tivo... I enter in 23 and low and behold, there is my local channel. Completely different channel number on Tivo, but it did tune in to the local.

In case you are wondering why I ran accross this is because I have cable still to get the local channels. I fully expected to change to channel 23 on my cable, not channel 36 on Voom. Weird...

Update on Tivo and Locals?

Has there been an update on Tivo with local channels? I have mine set up on the DirecTV lineup so I can record local channels, but don't have anything else on Voom. I'm so sick of not having all the channels I'm supposed to.

Bring on the Voom DVR so I can sell this POS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts