Don't you love people who talk through their a$$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
My GF is special, am always wrong but if someone else brings it up, then it’s the gospel.
Chatting with her colleague yesterday, she mentioned am into satellite, antennas etc. When she said “C-band”, her colleague replied... “C-band?? there hasn’t been anything up there since the 80s”.

She gets home and tried to put her foot down preventing the dish from going up convinced there is nothing but static to watch.

Leave it to someone who doesn’t know anything..acting like they do.

Cheers, K

Time for a new GF. ;)

I agree, that's totally unreasonable if you aren't crazy about it. I mean, if you have a single c-band dish, 1 or 2 KU's, and a Dish Network dish, that's reasonable by any standard.

Now maybe if you had much more than that, she might have a tiny bit of a point. Still and all, if she's this way already, watch out if you are thinking about marriage!

If you can't reason with her, tell her sincerely: "Ok, but I need a hobby. I guess I'll just go back to all-night gambling, drinking, and right now I'm off to the *itty bar, bye!" lol

My wife was against a C-Band dish. Not being one to take NO for an answer I bought one anyway. That was five years ago. Whenever I find a cool feed or a sporting event that interests her I make it a point to say, "Thats coming in on the big dish in the back yard." :)

I suffer with a GF that became a wife... My friends and my hobbies bothered her. My work also bothered her. I would go out to repair refrigeration, so I would head to a bar at midnight... Anyway, after 9 years I was served with divorce papers and a few years later her best friend told me she had 4 boyfriends while we were married. I knew about 2 of them. If she is like that now -- NO WAY! NEXT! There are two many others... AND it sounds like she is infatuated with her boy friend at work whom she trusts more than you.

Reasonable number of dishes? Eight KU band and 4 C band for a start. If you want subscription three more might be enough.

I have a friend with a wife like that.
He has a good time quietly proving her wrong. :)
And he's usually pretty nice and doesn't rub it in (more than 50% of the time). ;)

He'd probably divorce her, but they've got two great little kids.
Just 15 more years on his sentence.

I think the biggest mistake ppl make today where marriage is concerned is that they will establish relationships with ppl that have habits, hobbies or other things that they don't like thinking all the while that "I can change him/her" after we're married! What they don't realize is that in most cases, it gets worse instead of better!

I'm extremely lucky as I did find my "soul mate" and married her 16 years ago after 7 years of dating and 1 year living together. Unfortunately this isn't a first marriage for either of us but the up side is that we both knew what we DIDN'T want and what DIDN'T work before!

Learning to accept ppl for what and who they are is far more important than wasting energy and time trying to make them into something or someone they are not. If you and the other party can't come to grips with your differences before you get married, then it's a sure bet you won't afterwards!

It is a sad fact of human existence that a lot of people will believe gossip that's whispered as factual truth, and doubt the actual truth said openly.

It's also true that when some women get tired of a man, they assume he never has a good idea, never has good intentions and never does anything smart. Of course none of that has anything to do with whether or not some power shopper is annoyed that she can't afford thousand dollar shoes. A good idea is a good idea, irrespective of any woman not feeling entertained by you that week. A smart thing done is smart even if some woman can't manage loyalty for more than three weeks in her life.

C band and true FTA is a good hobby. There is plenty of good, entertaining and educational television to watch. There are things to learn about satellites, orbits, frequencies and more. If you approach it a certain way, you can save money over subscription television. Even if you don't do it to save, it is no more expensive than many hobbies.

This is all true, and it doesn't become untrue because some pudgy woman enjoys telling her friends how inferior you are, as she stuffs her face with pastries.

You said GF, I am assuming you mean "girl friend?" The question is who is living with who? If she is living with you in your place tell her to get over it or pack up and leave. If you are living at her place or a joint residence, you pack up and leave.

I've been pretty lucky. My wife has been for satellite TV since day one back in 1983. She even learned how to operate it during the analog hay days. Now she just tells me what she wants to watch and I set it for her. She enjoys college basketball and westerns so I can live with that..

"I can change him/her" after we're married! What they don't realize is that in most cases, it gets worse instead of better!

You are so correct!!

Congrats on 24 years! :)

Dude, C band dishes are getting hard to find. On the other hand, there are almost 4 billion women out there.

Here you go: SHOW her this thread and let her read it.

If she is then humbled a little, and backs off, then maybe she's a keeper. IF she gets WORSE and even more of an attitude after reading, I say dump her immediately, because it'll only get worse in the future.

Life with a woman like that is a living Hell, and just something to be avoided.

This thread cracked me up.. I initally posted to vent about people who think they know everything when they dont (ie- the know it all's).... and ended up with a lot of relationship advice. Who knew Dr Phil was a satellite guy.

Cheers, K

let the examples explain your hobby...... make a list of your dishes and the cost and time you spend on playing with them staying at home watching them . then make another column with your new hobby ( cause she doesn't want you to do the first one you like ) and list all the equipment, expenditures, time away ect

*************dish cost hobby---------Fishing Hobby cost----------Hunting Hobby cost ect
equipment ---------?------------------------Boat $15,000 (+)------------Gun & ammo
dish-----------------?-------------------------rod & reel $100 (+)---------4 wheeler $8,000 + UTV $12,000
motor-------------------?--------------------trip fishing 100+ each time---new 4X4 truck to carry new 4 wheeler $30,000
receivers----------------?-------------------bigger fishing trip ??----------hunting trips 100 +
cable/coax--------------?--------------------fishing licence ??--------------hunting club membership $500 per yr
trip-----------------------0-----------------------------------------------------hunting licence ??
travel-------------------- 0
time away---------------0

Don't try to change her , just show her why its better to have this lil hobby ;)

signed Dr. Phil :D

Yes. Just explain it to her. Make your case logically and carefully. It will work because as we all know, women are very very logical and cool headed. They never disrespect a fact just because they enjoy disrespecting the messenger.

Right. Let us know how well careful logic works out

let the examples explain your hobby...... make a list of your dishes and the cost and time you spend on playing with them staying at home watching them . then make another column with your new hobby ( cause she doesn't want you to do the first one you like ) and list all the equipment, expenditures, time away ect

*************dish cost hobby---------Fishing Hobby cost----------Hunting Hobby cost ect
equipment ---------?------------------------Boat $15,000 (+)------------Gun & ammo
dish-----------------?-------------------------rod & reel $100 (+)---------4 wheeler $8,000 + UTV $12,000
motor-------------------?--------------------trip fishing 100+ each time---new 4X4 truck to carry new 4 wheeler $30,000
receivers----------------?-------------------bigger fishing trip ??----------hunting trips 100 +
cable/coax--------------?--------------------fishing licence ??--------------hunting club membership $500 per yr
trip-----------------------0-----------------------------------------------------hunting licence ??
travel-------------------- 0
time away---------------0

Don't try to change her , just show her why its better to have this lil hobby ;)

signed Dr. Phil :D
Bar stop on the way to fishing or hunting----------------------------------
Lonely bimbo you meet-----------------------------------------------------
Lonely brunette you meet--------------------------------------------------
The guy who will take her off your hands for 6 weeks $300.00 or less-----

Yeah, my business is saving marriages - and lives. I do not give up on rescuing families, but there are signposts that say that it is a long way back.

I think you're missing the fact that you are with a woman who believes you would willfully and purposely put up a large satellite dish to watch static. Add to the fact that she believes you are almost always wrong makes me think you need to ask her why you are together. What kind of woman dates such a mentally challenged man?

Women like this seem to be stuck in a parent-child relationship world where they always have to play mom to their man-child boyfriend or husband. It's sad that so many women have been programmed to behave this way by watching their own mom's behavior towards men.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts