DPP 44 Not Working

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I am getting the following message:

"One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversely affected"

None of my receivers are see the satellites. I did several check switches to no avail. I unplugged each satellite input from the DPP 44 one by one and connected it to a 510. It saw each satellite when I did this. I'm guessing a bad DPP 44 switch. Problem now is I don't have the DHPP warranty anymore. If I call and get it, how long do I wait to call in my switch problem to be covered by the warranty? I hate to repurchase the switch and be out another $180. I have had it for about 1.5 years. It was installed (by Dish tech) in my basement so it is out of the weather. Not sure what happened, came back from supper and it wasn't working.

dfergie,

I tried what you suggested and still no go. I haven't tried moving the power inserter to another receiver. Can the power inserter work with a 510, I have that close to the switch. Otherwise I have a 942 in my bedroom I could try. I'm guessing it is the switch though.

I must be doing something wrong. I unplugged all receivers and power inverter. I disconnected every cable going into the switch. I connected all cables back to switch. Plugged in the receiver connected to the power inserter and plugged in the power inserter. Performed check switch and still didn't work. Can the power inserter be connected to Port 1 by itself, and not be connected to a receiver?

I've tried everything, I moved the power inserter I've unhooked everything powered down powered up, hooked back up powered up, powered down powered up. Nothing. I'm thinking it is really dead. I may have to break down and call Dish.

Got the DHPP and they are sending a new switch out, but the installer can't make it till Tuesday. I will try and install it myself when it comes and cancel the installer if I can get it to work. In the mean time, can I hook the 110 and 119 lines from the Dish 1000 directly to my 622 and get some programming? I understand that I will only get programming from those sats. Can't miss Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis tomorrow night. Only two episodes left!

All I know is that 3 cables come from my Dish 1000 and go into the DPP44. I thought that each cable was for one satellite each and the DPP44 combines the signals. I have a separator on the 622 and one on a 942. My setup is 1 622, 1 942, and 1 510. Do I even need a switch? Can feed each receiver with one cable each? I tried connecting one cable to the 510 and it only saw one sat position, I believe. It was 1 am when I was doing all this last night. Thanks for all your help, by the way!

All I know is that 3 cables come from my Dish 1000 and go into the DPP44. I thought that each cable was for one satellite each and the DPP44 combines the signals. I have a separator on the 622 and one on a 942. My setup is 1 622, 1 942, and 1 510. Do I even need a switch? Can feed each receiver with one cable each? I tried connecting one cable to the 510 and it only saw one sat position, I believe. It was 1 am when I was doing all this last night. Thanks for all your help, by the way!

I'm guessing you'll need a switch of some kind. More than likely, your installer used 3 DP duals to feed the DPP 44 switch. There's a remote possibility he used a DPP Twin along with a DP Dual. If that's the case, then either of the feeds that were for the 110 or 119 can be used to feed ANY of your receivers.

Free Preview Weekend for HBO

CH 185 - The Hallmark Channel - Which Package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)