Dreambox DM100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satpro77

Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
US
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I have been looking elsewhere but didn't get so lucky. Ok, So I had a FTA receiver Samsung which worked perfectly fine except the person who installed my dish and installed the receiver he put a lock and now I cannot scan for the chancels and or select the transponders. So I said let me get a Dreambox since every one is talking good about it. Well I got the box now when I select to satellite and the transponder it runs a scan but does not list the channels. I get a 95-98 Quality, and signal is about 78. I have a 36" dish with a standard or normal LNB. I contacted the satellite store but they were telling me that I would have to install some files and upgrade the firmware and so on which I am not familiar with and never done it before.

I would greatly appreciate it if any one could spare some help me setup this box. Otherwise I wasted $150.00 for a box that is not doing any thing. Please remember I have never loaded any files to any boxes and never used a software to upload to a box and so on. so please be a little generous when giving directions. :)

God Bless,

Satpro77

So I said let me get a Dreambox since every one is talking good about it.
Hadn't heard anything about the 100, here.
Well I got the box now when I select to satellite and the transponder it runs a scan but does not list the channels.
I get a 95-98 Quality, and signal is about 78. I have a 36" dish with a standard or normal LNB.
I contacted the satellite store but they were telling me that I would have to install some files and upgrade the firmware and so on which I am not familiar with and never done it before.
Sounds like the right LNB, good sized dish, and high quality signal.
Most receivers should lock the signal, under those circumstances.

Which satellite and which transponders are you trying to get?
Maybe there is something specific about those (but I doubt it).

Also, which state are you located in?
There are some areas with weak signals for some transponders.
(we often get questions with curious problems, and then discover the fellow is Central America, the Caribbean, or some other place we didn't realize) - :)

PS: oops, guess I shouldn't watch TV while I'm typing. :)

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me here. rv1pop and Anole:
The Satellite is Galaxy 19 and transponders 12122, 11867, 11874,12060 etc. I am in the state of Virginia. I know the signal is pretty good in this area because I had a different receiver which worked fine until the Infrared screen died on me and I could no longer use the remote control to put in the code 0000 to view the programing. That is why I decided to purchase a new receiver which looked real small and compact "Dreambox DM100" but I didn't know I had to configure it. Or manually load any transponder list or any files etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Verify the LNBF type is STANDARD with LO Frequency of 10750 (10.75GHz). Set the LNB type in the receiver to STANDARD or SINGLE (LO FREQUENCY 10750) with LNB power ON. Set the Transponder Frequency to 12152 (stronger transponder on the satellite) to verify Signal Quality, then scan the satellite.

Well,

I did follow all the instructions and checked all the settings. Here is what happens, when I try to run a channel scan I get a message saying the Channel Scan failed. I run manual scan, auto scan and even blind scan but get no channels. I do get a 88-98 quality and 70-80 signal. And if I connect the same line to a different receiver which is set up exactly the same way I get all the channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)