DSR-4200v

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
Anyone still using this receiver ? I use my receiver for Music Choice and gets a lot of use. What are others using these for ? I have a real V model now. Some are appearing on Fleabay. :D

I had two of them..
one got bricked (hit by lightning)....worked really good on the freebies
second one was new in box...which made it a brick as I couldnt get it authorized

I use a 7150 now...more flexibility ;)

The 4200's are nice units as long as you dont brick them

Anyone still using this receiver ? I use my receiver for Music Choice and gets a lot of use. What are others using these for ? I have a real V model now. Some are appearing on Fleabay. :D

That's what I use mine for. There's even something to WATCH on channel 155! :D

I have 2 operating and 1 is bricked. Because they are so stable work really good on music channels. The interesting thing the latest receiver marked V syncs with video. The "C" that was converted to a "V" does not. Yes my "V" receives video on 155. I printed a list of music channels makes it easier to navigate.

I just replaced batteries in my 2 receivers. The age was 1995 and 1997 on batteries. Both measured full voltage and were Maxwell super. I wonder if these will last 20 years rather then 10 as they are rated for. I noticed that the 4200v has a circuit board added above main board and different firmware then the 4200c. I actually have 3 and one is scrap. The interesting thing is one receiver marked 4200c has 4200v firmware but the video on music channels will not lock. I am mentioning the above in case others are still using these receivers may want to change batteries because once data is lost is not recovered.

DSR-4200V's were used by TVGuide for their on-screen guide "TV Guide Channel". They are converting away from the old setup of the 4200V and Pentium 2 computers to something newer, and headend techs are probably offloading the "old" equipment on ebay now. I know I have two of them sitting next to me here, and who knows how many others are out there.

There are a lot of 4200c on ebay but occasionally a 4200v shows up. The colleges used 4200c now I know about the v model and TV guide. thanks for the comment. The zoom remote works really good for programming the 4200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)