DSR-4200v

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
Anyone still using this receiver ? I use my receiver for Music Choice and gets a lot of use. What are others using these for ? I have a real V model now. Some are appearing on Fleabay. :D

I had two of them..
one got bricked (hit by lightning)....worked really good on the freebies
second one was new in box...which made it a brick as I couldnt get it authorized

I use a 7150 now...more flexibility ;)

The 4200's are nice units as long as you dont brick them

Anyone still using this receiver ? I use my receiver for Music Choice and gets a lot of use. What are others using these for ? I have a real V model now. Some are appearing on Fleabay. :D

That's what I use mine for. There's even something to WATCH on channel 155! :D

I have 2 operating and 1 is bricked. Because they are so stable work really good on music channels. The interesting thing the latest receiver marked V syncs with video. The "C" that was converted to a "V" does not. Yes my "V" receives video on 155. I printed a list of music channels makes it easier to navigate.

I just replaced batteries in my 2 receivers. The age was 1995 and 1997 on batteries. Both measured full voltage and were Maxwell super. I wonder if these will last 20 years rather then 10 as they are rated for. I noticed that the 4200v has a circuit board added above main board and different firmware then the 4200c. I actually have 3 and one is scrap. The interesting thing is one receiver marked 4200c has 4200v firmware but the video on music channels will not lock. I am mentioning the above in case others are still using these receivers may want to change batteries because once data is lost is not recovered.

DSR-4200V's were used by TVGuide for their on-screen guide "TV Guide Channel". They are converting away from the old setup of the 4200V and Pentium 2 computers to something newer, and headend techs are probably offloading the "old" equipment on ebay now. I know I have two of them sitting next to me here, and who knows how many others are out there.

There are a lot of 4200c on ebay but occasionally a 4200v shows up. The colleges used 4200c now I know about the v model and TV guide. thanks for the comment. The zoom remote works really good for programming the 4200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts