dsr-922 channel scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I searched the menu on the dsr922 - looking for a way to enter TPs and channels ? is there no way to do this ?

Some reading indicates that I have to sub the box (which I want to do anyways) and then I will geta download of all TPs... if this is the case, will I get all the free DCII, NTSC and VCII channels loaded too ? even for KU band sats ? If not - how do I add the channels ?

I dont understand how people find wild feeds on a DSR-922 if you can not scan for channels ? is the download of the channel map 100% complete for all TPs on all birds ?

on the analog side they are preset.... on the digital side they are mapped
so if the wild feeds are analog then you just pick a satellite and find out the analog name and enter it and find a feed by channel up and down.

thanks for that info... I guess if the MAp does not contain the TP/VID/SID, then you can not get the channel. There use to be something called 4play I remember from years ago... is that still around ? or do the maps contain ALL channels possible ? not just advertised ?

thanks for that info... I guess if the MAp does not contain the TP/VID/SID, then you can not get the channel. There use to be something called 4play I remember from years ago... is that still around ? or do the maps contain ALL channels possible ? not just advertised ?

I don't think the 4play works very well with the 922. Most people looking for things not mapped into the 4dtv use the generics. That's all I will say in an open forum. :rolleyes:

So another question... along the lines of channel maps... I have this connected to a fixed 36 inch disk pointed to X4... I know NPS has a KU only service for 20 bucks... Will I get the maps I need this way ? and will they be able to hot the box through X4 ?

So another question... along the lines of channel maps... I have this connected to a fixed 36 inch disk pointed to X4... I know NPS has a KU only service for 20 bucks... Will I get the maps I need this way ? and will they be able to hot the box through X4 ?

You can take a hit on X4. Im not sure if you can get the 4DTV channel maps though maybe on the premium channels like on c band.

do you know what channel for the hit... when I look at NPS web site it does not list X4 as a bird for getting a hit ?

Also... it looks like I have some channel maps... I do get channels in the 600 for X4... I am just hoping that they never switched around any of them since this box was last used...

do you know who would know about a channel map download from X4 ? NPS does not know anything about anything on the phone... they even admit it... they have no service... there must be some company in charge of the technical aspects of this transmission...

There are no maps available from Ku band for 92x receivers, only from 2 or 3 C band sats.

The last I knew, you can get an activation hit from X4 on one or two channels from X4 - either channel 194 or 255

I will call them - thanks... they look from the internet that they have better pricing, channels and support for X4...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts