DSR905 repair cost?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Has anyone had a DSR905 repaired after a lightning strike? ATS electronics says cannot give any sort of ballpark estimate without shipping it to them. Which is understandable. Presumably, this unit would need a board for a worst case scenario. It still powers up enough to get a satellite lock and green light on the front panel, but no AV output.

This comes to mind after 2 months now after shipping the new defective 922 back to NPS. That unit went dead after exactly 2 months in service. After all this time still waiting for a replacement. I miss the 4DTV side and have been getting by using a 410 that will soon (hopefully) go into service at my Dad's home. I miss the flexibility of 4DTV and channel choices.

I see used 905s going for almost double what I paid for it in 2002.

people do that because they know people will buy them as long as the price isnt to outragous. just like the 922 its way over priced. and people still buy them.:rolleyes: hope u get ur 4dtv up and runnin , why not get a 920 there cheap. and still does a great job. i have one now. that im going to change out the battery in soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts