DSR922 4DTV tuning issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tanky321

Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Fall River, MA
Hi Guys,

New here to the forum, but I hope some of you can help me with this massive headache Ive been having!

My dad has an 8' dish, with it he has two LNB's (I think) one Ku-Band and one C-Band. These are connected to a DSR922 4DTV system.

This all worked beautifully up until about last year. We had the roof redone, and the roofers unbolted the bracket for the dishes pole. I guess when they put it back it was in the wrong spot because ever since things have never worked right. My dad's been up there messing with the position and all kinds of stuff, so im sure that might have thrown things off too.

Most analog channels work, but the major problem comes in with the digital 4DTV channels. On most channels the DC light is on, but the display say's "Please contact your program provider to receive authorization or select another channel." We've called our providers and they say its a problem on our end.

The strangest thing is that on Sat G1 channel 3 ( which is the programming channel?) the DC light should be on, but it isnt. Ive played with the position and the skew, but nothing really changes.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Tune to G1-5 and change to G1-3. Unplug for 3minutes. Perform a master reset and request a rehit from the provider. Has worked for me.

You need to adjust your dish and/or skew till G1-5 comes in clear. That should not be a problem with an 8 foot dish. Once its crystal clear, you'll probably find that G1-3 will have a DC light. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

43 West

AC3 Converter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)