DSR922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Is there any way to run a second tv off a 922. Tried to use the coax out to tv and got nothing. I think that is just a loop out. The second tv is on the opposite side of the house and thought rg6 would be the most economical way to power it. Is there something in the menu I need to activate to get it to work?

Should be able to take the RF out and run it on channel 3 or 4 into coax. I know mine can do that even though I don't have that hooked up currently. When the receiver is on there should be RF signal there. Check you coax connections for shorts.

On most Star Choice (similar to 4DTV) receivers there is a RF pass thru feature so you can hook say cable or an OTA antenna and pass it through to the TV when required. There should be a TV/Sat button on the remote. If that has been pressed you won't get any output from the RF jack.

I have all three televisions (in different locations) in my house hooked up to my 922. I run the coaxial to the IN on a regular three or four-way splitter and then run a separate coaxial OUT to each television. Any coaxial cable RG59 or RG6 would work in the run.

Like Tvropro said, turn the televisions on to channel 3 or 4 to view the programming and check the coaxials for shorts.

Or, maybe, you need to make new connections on your cables.

No, there is nothing the 922 menu to activate what you're talking about.

It's just connections, connections, connections.:)

I have all three televisions (in different locations) in my house hooked up to my 922. I run the coaxial to the IN on a regular three or four-way splitter and then run a separate coaxial OUT to each television. Any coaxial cable RG59 or RG6 would work in the run.

Like Tvropro said, turn the televisions on to channel 3 or 4 to view the programming and check the coaxials for shorts.

Or, maybe, you need to make new connections on your cables.

No, there is nothing the 922 menu to activate what you're talking about.

It's just connections, connections, connections.:)

To add if the signals weak add a 10 db amp.

The 922 has two sets of RCA out jacks, an s-video connector, a digital audio connector and the RF output connnector. There's also a small switch between the RF connectors to select which channel (3 or 4) you want to use. Shouldn't be a problem hooking up an additional tv. Just have to figure out which cable goes to which connector. Good luck.

The 922 has two sets of RCA out jacks, an s-video connector, a digital audio connector and the RF output connnector. There's also a small switch between the RF connectors to select which channel (3 or 4) you want to use. Shouldn't be a problem hooking up an additional tv. Just have to figure out which cable goes to which connector. Good luck.

I have every A/V jack used. I don't use Ant in and RF out.

Is there any way to run a second tv off a 922. Tried to use the coax out to tv and got nothing. I think that is just a loop out. The second tv is on the opposite side of the house and thought rg6 would be the most economical way to power it. Is there something in the menu I need to activate to get it to work?
Push the "source" button on your remote
Right above the SAT button above the LEFT arrow.

Thanks guys, will give it a shot after deer hunting this weekend.
I know the cable is good as I'm running a ota antenna on it now.

Marty

Just a thought...I believe the RF out on the DSR has mono audio, if you have an MTS stereo TV this is going to sound flat. Would be worth investing in an analog RF stereo modulator, probably quite cheap now? Feed the DSR into the modulator and then take teh RF cable to your TV.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went back last night and hooked it back up (the same way I did initially) and it worked! Don't know what I did but it's rolling along.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts