DSSBuys (What Happen?)

Dave
NFL games were the only ones simsubbed on west coast feeds for me (and you probably) was because CH or Global would pick the west coast game to show too...so we got simsubs.

But the last simsub I had was probably the Super Bowl

They did on the West Coast Feed of Ghost Whisperer and Whatever followed that on CBS last night. And because they screwed up the the move back, the beginning of Numb3rs out of Seattle was clipped off and instead you got the beginning of Law and Order on CTV :(

My receiver was cut off Tuesday, apparently DSSBuys had somehow added my receiver on someone's account with them NOT knowing. Even though there is no past due on the receiver, I wonder what now?

Last edited:
NOT all brokers are like this. What DSS did, was give a bad name to other brokers that work hard to give you the best in service. Somehow they where hijacking account info and adding your receiver to there account. I know two on this forum that are helpful in any way possible and I would do and recommend business to them. Bottom line, I enjoyed it for the 1 1/2 I had it on and I will start over with a new account and keep going from there.

cablewithaview said:
My receiver was cut off Tuesday, apparently DSSBuys had somehow added my receiver on someone's account with them NOT knowing.
Another testimony is why not to go with someone who bills you, then pays the company. Always go with someone who sets you up on credit card pay directly from the company itself.

If it helps, the reason DSS Buys doesn't answer the phone, is that they're likely "enjoying" the hospitality of the RCMP.

When I gave *c my new address, the csr commented there were
a LOT OF SUBS at the address I moved from. ie a broker's address.
and that there were a few subs on the street to which I was "moving"
( non broker) *c probably does know these are broker accounts.

cablewithaview said:
My receiver was cut off Tuesday, apparently DSSBuys had somehow added my receiver on someone's account with them NOT knowing. Even though there is no past due on the receiver, I wonder what now?
Don't try to activate a receiver from them with another broker. If there is no past due balance on it the best way you could get rid of it would be to sell it to a Canadian since they are actually in Canada with a phone line even though it's going to be a suspicious account there's a good chance they will be able to use it.

Don't try to activate any of these receivers with a broker. You will end up losing service. New receivers aren't that expensive.

Last edited:
Derwin0 said:
Another testimony is why not to go with someone who bills you, then pays the company. Always go with someone who sets you up on credit card pay directly from the company itself.

If it helps, the reason DSS Buys doesn't answer the phone, is that they're likely "enjoying" the hospitality of the RCMP.
The split subscriptions they were probably doing is bad enough...but going into other people's accounts and adding receivers without them knowing, that's like identity theft.

I talked with a good broker the other nght and will not be using my old reciever but I will sell it to someone in Canada only for the reason you expressed in your earlier post. At least there was no past due on the receiver.

cablewithaview said:
I talked with a good broker the other nght and will not be using my old reciever but I will sell it to someone in Canada only for the reason you expressed in your earlier post. At least there was no past due on the receiver.
Make sure the person you're selling it to knows the full history of the receiver when buying it.

cablewithaview said:
Be aware, Expressvu (not sure about Star Choice) requires the owner of the account to release the reciever before putting it on someone else's account. Since the reciever istagged as belonging to Mike Brown, you might not be able to do that.

on starchoice website, it has their policy about activating used receivers. You can also call *c and give them the receiver no, tell them you are considering buying it and ask if it is tranferable. they will tell you.

Uplink said:
Don't try to activate a receiver from them with another broker. If there is no past due balance on it the best way you could get rid of it would be to sell it to a Canadian since they are actually in Canada with a phone line even though it's going to be a suspicious account there's a good chance they will be able to use it.

Don't try to activate any of these receivers with a broker. You will end up losing service. New receivers aren't that expensive.

From what I have learned, the best thing to do is wait 6 months and then sell it back up north. By that time, a release isn't so much an issue. I found it in a yard sell or a junk store excuse works well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts