dssr repair

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hbrooks

Original poster
May 3, 2007
Hello my name is hbrooks and I am a new member. This looks like a very informative site with great answers to novice like myself.

I just purchased a dsr922 receiver on eBay. I have been able to get channel 5,11, and 12 on g1. The reception is sparkly and I am unable to receive a hit when trying to down load programing. I would like to know if there are any repair shops in the D.C. area that work on the receiver. If not, then one with great references.

Thanks hb

This might do best moved to the Free To Air forum.

You will need to ship it but you can't go wrong with ATS electronics http://www.ats-electronics.com/

You battery may have died, or you are not getting enough quality to download the maps, if you send it in and it's ok have them change the battery anyway, if the battery is already gone it will be about $200 or less to fix.

If your analog reception on G1 is sparkly, it sounds like your dish may not be aligned properly. What size dish are you using? How is your reception on other satellites?

Hello my name is hbrooks and I am a new member. This looks like a very informative site with great answers to novice like myself.

I just purchased a dsr922 receiver on eBay. I have been able to get channel 5,11, and 12 on g1. The reception is sparkly and I am unable to receive a hit when trying to down load programing. I would like to know if there are any repair shops in the D.C. area that work on the receiver. If not, then one with great references.

Thanks hb

Sparkley reception can be caused by:

1) Improper dish / feed alignment.
2) LNB issues.
3) Cable or connector issues.
4) Trees, etc blocking dish view of satellite.
5) Receiver issues.

If you replaced this with another receiver that wasn't seeing sparklies then definitely the receiver could be the issue. If you had weak reception on analog before though. You will need to solve that issue with your other equipment first to receive digital properly. Digital requires more signal then analog to get a lock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)