dtv genie and clients in central location

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well.....the verdict is in. DirecTV C31 clients do not work with Monoprice HDMI over Cat6 wall plates!
The Cat6 cable is high quality shielded 23AWG, all keystones and connectors on the cable are also shielded.

I have a Sony DVD player that I have been testing with and it works flawless of the same wall plates, no dice on C31 clients though :(
The wall plates have an optional 5vdc input at each end, I haven't tried though.

The genie, HR34 (not sure of exact model number) works great over the cat6 wall plates. It must have more hdmi sig. strength or something?

Atleast the c31's are small enough to zip tie to the back of the TV's, but....the RF remotes are terrible! I could not get it to work with C31 on back of TV unless it had line of sight. I know it's an RF remote, the installer gave me 3 of them, one for each box, I also watched him program the remotes and select "RF" on the screen.

I guess I'm just used to higher quality Dish equipment !

well.....the verdict is in. DirecTV C31 clients do not work with Monoprice HDMI over Cat6 wall plates!
The Cat6 cable is high quality shielded 23AWG, all keystones and connectors on the cable are also shielded.

I have a Sony DVD player that I have been testing with and it works flawless of the same wall plates, no dice on C31 clients though :(
The wall plates have an optional 5vdc input at each end, I haven't tried though.

The genie, HR34 (not sure of exact model number) works great over the cat6 wall plates. It must have more hdmi sig. strength or something?

Atleast the c31's are small enough to zip tie to the back of the TV's, but....the RF remotes are terrible! I could not get it to work with C31 on back of TV unless it had line of sight. I know it's an RF remote, the installer gave me 3 of them, one for each box, I also watched him program the remotes and select "RF" on the screen.

Guess you should've stuck with your "higher quality" dish equipment :p

What do you mean by "does not work"?

And my RF remote works fine with the C31, with no line of sight. What remote do you have (exact model number)?

Agreed.. either the installer or you did not set the remotes up correctly... check under settings remote ir/rf setup.
You guys were right, installer forgot to switch the remote to RF, now that i switched it, it works great!

thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)