DTV Pal

Huh? Wow! Can I take this to mean that the DTV Pal will take the digital TVGOS, convert it to analog, and convert the format to the old analog TVGOS data format? Then I can feed that to my Sony OTA HD HDD DVR and continue to use it?

Hard to believe. If it did all that, and kept my Sony DVR working for a few more years, I'd gladly pay twice the asking price, and forget the coupons!

Please explain, when and if you can.
Navy, do you DC guys have a digital TVGOS feed yet? If so, is it WUSA-DT? Although my Mits Diamond DLP does digital TVGOS, but I certainly don't use a guide for my TV. What I need is for my Sony HD DVR (analog TVGOS) to continue working after Feb 2009!:up

No composite video and L/R audio cables included? I thought that was a government requirement.

I thought so too, and then DigitalStream came out without them, followed by others. Apparently throwing in a coax cable is GEFG (good enough for government). It looks like the Zenith 901 is holding down the price that way, too.

thank god you got one scott! now I can stop walking the fine line...
I want to thank you pabeader for walking that fine line and hope that Dish Network rewords you for doing so.
They should send you a certificate of appreciation because you deserve it for going beyond being a typical beta tester ;)

see malouff, i told you it does all the stuff you were asking for... plus a few you didn't know to ask
Boy were you right pabeader.:D

I also like the fact that Scott Greczkowski said that it picked up better then the Zenith and RCA.

Looks like my only complaint would be the power plug.
I wanted to use a cigarette power adapter and it looks proprietary.

I also didn't want to use a power inverter as that uses more energy and drains the trailers battery faster.

pabeader?

how often do the execs on the chat, know what they are talking about? i would not be suprised to find that 'somebody' is confused/misinformed.

Dennis:
When the DTVPal converter will be available?
A: about June 19th $59, waiting on a $39 box to be approved.

approved by whom? hhmmm...

Can you elaborate on what you meant by this now that the cat's out of Scott's bag? :confused:

Just want to update folks who might be beta testers. At this time you still may be bound by NDA so its best not to say anything identifying yourself as a tester or talking about the product.

I have asked Dish for an update so that you that have tested can talk about the product, please do not say anything until you get the greenlight. (I would hate to see folks lose their chance at future betas by talking before its time) :)

Just want to update folks who might be beta testers. At this time you still may be bound by NDA so its best not to say anything identifying yourself as a tester or talking about the product.

I have asked Dish for an update so that you that have tested can talk about the product, please do not say anything until you get the greenlight. (I would hate to see folks lose their chance at future betas by talking before its time) :)

Since you all are in line to test TR-50's :hungry:, yes, best to keep mum. Ignore my pestering for now.

(edit) Wait a minute! :eureka I want to get into the beta testing on the TR-50! Please blow your NDA!

Last edited:
Navy, do you DC guys have a digital TVGOS feed yet? If so, is it WUSA-DT? Although my Mits Diamond DLP does digital TVGOS, but I certainly don't use a guide for my TV. What I need is for my Sony HD DVR (analog TVGOS) to continue working after Feb 2009!:up

I have no idea. How can I find out if someone is xmitting TVGOS digital? Other than by calling the station? My googling failed. My Sony & my LG recorder both seem to use TVGOS analog. Love for them to work after the transition.

We're both manning the oars in the same boat.

I have no idea. How can I find out if someone is xmitting TVGOS digital? Other than by calling the station? My googling failed. My Sony & my LG recorder both seem to use TVGOS analog. Love for them to work after the transition.

We're both manning the oars in the same boat.
I found out the CBS in Dallas was broadcasting digital TVGOS via the DHG-HDD500 or Dallas HDTV threads over at AVSForum. Other than that, you will need a digital TVGOS HDTV or similar device to test. Oh, I just found the info on Spiffspace.com which basically states CBS O&Os will be the first to broadcast digital TVGOS. WUSA is not a CBS O&O.

The following stations are the current CBS O&O stations (with those that have been reported to contain digital TVGOS data in yellow):

California - Los Angeles KCBS *
California - San Francisco KPIX *
California - Sacramento KOVR
Colorado - Denver KCNC
Florida - Miami WFOR
Illinois - Chicago WBBM
Maryland - Baltimore WJZ
Massachusetts - Boston WBZ
Michigan - Detroit WWJ/WKBD
Minnesota - Minneapolis WCCO *
New York - New York WCBS
Pennsylvania - Philadelphia KYW
Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh KDKA
Texas - Austin KEYE
Texas - Dallas KTVT
Utah - Salt Lake City KUTV

Now, if someone would only send me a darn DTV Pal...:rolleyes:

What the "Pal" in DTV Pal actually means...

Even some of us 'in the know' would not get confused. Maybe the difference between PAL and Pal is just enough to help.

Seems the "Pal" part of the name has nothing to do with transmission standards. It's now clear "Pal" really stands for P(ay) A(dditional) L(oot)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts