DTV Pal

Sorry Charlie I just bought my second RCA converter from Walmart no more coupons. Late to market as usual and looks like a price problem also.

Well I told you I would have more on the DTVPal today and I meant it.

Look what just arrived in the mail a few minutes ago. :)

More to come.

Attachments

• dtvpal1.jpg
    dtvpal1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 405
  • dtvpal2.jpg
    dtvpal2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 319
  • dtvpal3.jpg
    dtvpal3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 258
  • dtvpal4.jpg
    dtvpal4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 316
TVGOS? Now I'm confused. Less than a week ago an AVS member wrote to Francie Bauer and asked if it was TVGOS or PSIP -- she checked and emailed back that it's PSIP.

Scott Greczkowski Thank you for the images we have already seen some of these pictures thanks to Dave Zatz

They say nothing about the price other than
"$40 OFF with government coupon"

I am not saying to stop posting images either ;)

You can show us some other features
1. The Event Timer
2. The Programming Search
3. The Add/Remove channels that some other CECBs have
4. A Manual channel add option
5. Anything else useful

Thank you again

Last edited:
I don't doubt the tech specs and blubs, but I'll believe it only after someone does it. Right now there are only a limited number of channels broadcasting digital TVGOS (typically CBS).

To test this, someone would need:

1. A digital TVGOS station in their area
2. An analog TVGOS device (HDTV or Sony HD DVR) that only support TVGOS
3. RF out from the DTV Pal to the analog TVGOS device
4. Check the HostID on the analog TVGOS to ensure it is not using the analog TVGOS station (analog pass-thru?)
- After converting the ATSC channel containing the digital TVGOS datastream, is the VBI nicely reassembled in the converted analog channel or is outputted elsewhere...say channel, 2, 3 or whatever channel can be configured?

Again, I will gladly pay the $59 price for digital/analog TVGOS conversion...if it works.

The guide data is PSIP, however the DTVPal can be controlled by TVGUIDE ONSCREEN.
Ok, I am confused (not a first, I assure you).:confused:

I have used the PSIP guide (very limited and typically incomplete information) and TVGOS (not as good as good as the EPG on my Dish 622, but at least as good as the IMG on my FiOS DVR)...both are very different animals. Can you elaborate how is uses PSIP for guide data (i.e. more than simple channel identifier) along with being controlled by TVGOS?

Thanks...

The guide data is PSIP, however the DTVPal can be controlled by TVGUIDE ONSCREEN.

Huh? Wow! Can I take this to mean that the DTV Pal will take the digital TVGOS, convert it to analog, and convert the format to the old analog TVGOS data format? Then I can feed that to my Sony OTA HD HDD DVR and continue to use it?

Hard to believe. If it did all that, and kept my Sony DVR working for a few more years, I'd gladly pay twice the asking price, and forget the coupons!

Please explain, when and if you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts