Dtv & Versus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
some people were reporting seeing a rsn on channel 603 and also a channel not purchased, suggesting when versus comes back it will be in the sports pak as i believe dtv has wanted.

I wouldn't look too into that, I see stuff at other places than where it belongs all the time. Once in a while I might see a shopping or religious channel on the NHL center ice channels when it's not being used for a game. I think they use some parts of their spectrum for two channels if neither them are on 24/7

Not really, the playoffs is a month long every or every other night situation, the UFC is a one night thing.

Wasn't really saying more as UFC > NHL.. but NHL fans have been screwed by the ordeal for a while.. and now you will have even more angry folks because you will have the NHL + UFC fans being mad..

Meaning that all the Eastern teams play one night then all the Western teams play the next, with the exception to travel days.

This is incorrect. For the most part there are some early games and late games in the first two rounds. A couple of 7:00 and 7:30 games followed by 9:00-10:30 games.

The schedule is determined by TV and arena availability, but I can assure you that Versus will have plenty of double or even triple headers featuring games starting at 7:00 with a JIP finish of an 7:30 game followed by 10:00 or 10:30 west coast game.

btw, just did a google search to see if anything materialized. all media outlets running the story quoted the cage potato story. but according to that story, versus is definitely coming back in the sports pak.

I'm not a hockey fan, but I do look forward to the Tour De France each year on Versus. If they do not get this settled by July I will not be a happy camper.

yeah it appears like the 2nd half of last year Indycar fans if they want to watch Indycar they can watch the IZOD series races on Indycar.com via the Helicopter camera, or one of 4 on-board cameras w/o audio. And for the Firestone Indy Lights which air on Versus tape delayed on Mondays in a 1 hour highlight show, on Indycar.com you can watch it Live w/ IMS Radio brodcast. Same with Quals for IZOD series on Versus is the 30 minute highlights on Saturdays while Indycar.com has it live w/ IMS radio.

So Indycar fans can still see all the racing action but just w/o audio for the main series races

Versus update...sort of

Got this from TVpredications.com....

News Digest
DIRECTV's Twitter Page: Versus Coming Soon?
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (March 10, 2010) -- Could DIRECTV and Versus be getting close to a deal?

The Comcast-owned channel, which airs National Hockey League games and other sports, was pulled from DIRECTV's lineup over six months ago due to a programming fee dispute. The blackout affected both the SD and HD feeds.

However, there have been rumors that the two sides will reach an agreement before the start of the NHL playoffs in April. And now fueling the rumors are comments from DIRECTV itself on the company's official Twitter page.

In the last week, readers have asked DIRECTV's Twitter reps if Versus will soon return to the air. The standard reply: They think so.

"We have productive talks going on with Versus and should have an update soon," one DIRECTV tweet said.

Another DIRECTV Twitter rep stated: "We have productive conversations going on with Versus and hope to have news soon."

The two sides are believed to be battling over how Versus would be packaged to DIRECTV's subscribers. The satcaster apparently wants to include the sports channels in a premium sports package that would be seen by fewer people because it would be more costly to subscribe to.

However, Versus would like to be included in a basic package that would be seen by more people -- and generate more money for Versus. Channels are traditionally compensated by the number of subscribers who watch them.

sorry, swanni, as usual stole the info from other sources. i wouldn't trust him as your end all, be all source.

via Versus-DirecTV Statement - IndyCar.com

VERSUS continues to have ongoing conversations with DirecTV and we're hopeful this gets resolved soon.

We could not be happier with the partnership we have forged with VERSUS as we head into the start of our season. VERSUS is still the fastest growing sports cable network in the country and 2009 was its highest-rated and most-watched year in network-despite DirecTV's decision. Motorsports fans always want as much racing action as possible and VERSUS stepped up in 2009 to give provide seven hours of coverage during race weeks-more than ever before. Fans liked the network's first year of in-depth and all-encompassing coverage because 29.5 million fans tuned last year-a gain of three million viewers over the 2008 season. That added coverage for the sport will continue in 2010 and VERSUS is doing everything possible to get a deal worked out in the near future.

As a DirecTV subscriber, we encourage you to contact DirecTV at (800) DIRECTV or sending an e-mail to VERSUS@DirecTV.com and let them know you want to see IZOD IndyCar Series races.

For fans that are not able to get this weekend's race on DirecTV, our official website provides an alternative with its free race control feature, which includes access to up to four in-car cameras and overheard coverage of the event during the race along with integrated timing & scoring information.

okay just sent the e-mail out to vs@directv.com I say we all send in our concerns and frustrations and get them to see how dissapointed everyone is this should raise a few eye brows based on the number of e-mails received

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts