Dtv & Versus

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davee

Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
i'm sitting here in Colorado and no Avs/RedWings tonight. :mad: Versus only.
What a let down after the last two weeks of Olys.
Can someone give me any kind of info or update on this mess.

I know that. Does the NHL even care after the incredible games the last two weeks. I've heard yesterday's game called the most watched ever. I too have been a DTV viewer for years. But i will take a real hard look at this come next season.

Most watched ever, lets hope they continue that roll and agree to 2014 in Russia. I hope they see a lift in their Sunday games ratings too.

i'm sitting here in Colorado and no Avs/RedWings tonight. :mad: Versus only.
What a let down after the last two weeks of Olys.
Can someone give me any kind of info or update on this mess.

I'm sitting here in NW Ohio in the same situation.

Game on.
Surprisingly the NHL Network at the moment !!!!

SD Only, but at least I can see part of the game !

I think they will drop in from time to time tonight seeing it's the only game tonight .

I wonder how many D* subs that never watched hockey before the Olympics are looking for the game on TV tonight?

I wonder how many D* subs that never watched hockey before the Olympics are looking for the game on TV tonight?

Seeing there is only ONE game tonight (not sure why the NHL made the AV's and Wings play tonight) I'm not sure how many.

Fwiw, the Wings have come out and took a 2-0 lead thru the 1st period with Goals from Holstrom and Franzen.

Getting half thier team off the Injured list may have something to do with it.

I know that. Does the NHL even care after the incredible games the last two weeks. I've heard yesterday's game called the most watched ever. I too have been a DTV viewer for years. But i will take a real hard look at this come next season.

I am considering switching to Directv, however will never move over to them until I am assured of seeing NHL on Vs, espeically with the playoffs coming next month.

What happens when the NHL goes to a different network when this contract is up ?
Like where? ESPN doesn't have the channel real estate with their basketball and baseball coverage, and the NHL Network doesn't have the distribution of Versus.

What happens when the NHL goes to a different network when this contract is up ?

The NHL is pretty well entrenched with VS, (which is basically Comcast - whom owns the Flyers), and now with Comcast buying NBC, I believe it is pretty safe bet that Vs will remain a main outlet for Hockey in the USA.

If I wasn't spoiled by the Canadian Broadcasts I grew up with; I would be quite happy with Vs. They actually do a decent job, compared to the coverage we used to get from Fox and ABC in the past; and actually even ESPN. One thing for sure, you know it will be in HD.

so what, if one is a hockey fan i see no reason not to add the 5 dollar package
Subscribers means advertising revenue. NHL fans already have the NHL Network -- it's the casual fans that only watch an occasional national broadcast game that won't pay extra for the channel.

remember vesus was on top 250 package on dish for awhile
It still is, but it's in the basic programming package for Comcast, TimeWarner, and Cox. That represents a number of viewers that dwarfs DirecTV and Dish combined.

so what, if one is a hockey fan i see no reason not to add the 5 dollar package

remember vesus was on top 250 package on dish for awhile
Vesus is still in the top 250 package.
After Direct dropped VS Dish had it on a lower package for a while but it is back up to the 250 package now.

should be in free preview mode on dish till comcast/direct come to terms
create fans for nothing then when dispute over hopefully by start of next season put in rsn pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)