dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DVBworld,

Are there any plans to support Turbo-FEC in the near future on any of your cards?

Regards

of course ,we still plan to develop support Turbo-FEC DVB-S2 products, but now we cann`t get the Tuner. if we got the tuner ,it is very easy to make the devices. thanks ur question!!

I am brand new to all this. I just downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the DVB World website for my DVB World DVB-S2 USB device. For some reason, although I can scan and pick up channels in the DVB World app, under the latest version of DVB Dream, I am getting "No channels found!" or "No Signal!". I even tried updating the BDA file for better DVB-S2 support. I also tried DVB Dream 1.5 beta 7 (with better DVB-S2 support). No matter what, although the signal strength and quality is very good 87%, nothing is found.

Interestingly, I tried DVB Viewer. This worked as well, however, I had to use an alternate method for scan (scan for range, not frequency). It looks like DVB Dream scans using frequency as well.

Why will it work for the standard DVB World application that comes with my drivers and also DVB Viewer, but not DVB World (which is what I want since it looks like it might have the best SageTV support).

Thank so much in advance!
-MKANET

Anyone knows were can I buy a DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 in the USA e-tailers?

I've search in sadoun but they only have the 2005

Do the DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 will tune under MCE Windows 7 including DVB-S2?

Last edited:
Anyone knows were can I buy a DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 in the USA e-tailers?

I've search in sadoun but they only have the 2005

Do the DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 will tune under MCE Windows 7 including DVB-S2?

of course, PCI-E2006 support MCE Windows7 for DVB-S2.

DVBWorld NEW solution

some customers ask our company about DVB-S2 devices if support 16APSK OR 32APSK demodulation ,now i tell all:

early version ,like cx24116+cx24118 tuner ,it only supports QPSK and 8PSK DVB-S2 signal, so it not supportt 16APSK and 32APSK.

in fact , DVBWorld company developed new solution :

PCI-S2 CARD 2004d

USB-S2 2104D

PCI-E 2006
the tuner is support DVB-S2 QPAK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK , and auto scan FEC.

Best Regards
DVBWorld Technology Team

DVB World

Which of your USB, PCI and PCI-E devices and drivers support dual tuner operation, meaning two devices of the same model connected simultaneously to the same PC? What Sat software package, driver and OS versions would you recommend for such setup to work properly with any couple of similar DVB World devices?

Also, how come, all Sat Receiver 8-psk upgrade boards made in CN come with Broadcom chipsets, and you can't get one for DVB World devices? May be start co-operating on purchasing side with some CN board makers?

Attachments

• DVB_S2_Plus_8_PSK_Module 9200HD.jpg
    DVB_S2_Plus_8_PSK_Module 9200HD.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Hi Zamar, I saw Peter sign on MSN messenger yesterday. I told him specifically about your forum post here. Unfortunately, it seems he chose to not respond to your question after giving him the link to your post. I dont know, maybe he didnt bother following up with their engineer from a couple days back with my original inquiry. Who knows.

I did get a response from another DVB-S2 USB manufacturer. I'm not sure how good the Tevii S660 USB is, but apparently this does support multiple devices on the same PC. Unfortunately, they didnt bother testing to see if all 3 different recordings were being streamed... only that one recording was successful at one given time. If the quality of this tuner matches the DVB World USB tuner, Ill be switching to the Tevii brand; not just because it works, but because I seem to get better tech suppport from them as well.

DVB World

Which of your USB, PCI and PCI-E devices and drivers support dual tuner operation, meaning two devices of the same model connected simultaneously to the same PC? What Sat software package, driver and OS versions would you recommend for such setup to work properly with any couple of similar DVB World devices?

Also, how come, all Sat Receiver 8-psk upgrade boards made in CN come with a Broadcom chipset, and you say you can't get one for DVB World devices? May be start co-operating on purchasing side with some CN board makers?

Pls give Peter some credit and a lot more time to respond, which may include time to fix the drivers. You would also need to demonstrate profitability of this work for DVB World to bother. There may be inherent limitations and uneasy workarounds to this problem, when 2 instances of the same driver conflict for same PC resources, including unresolved Windows MC issues. Any such answer should be also linked to a typical PC config. They are working pretty dynamic given their company size. Generally, pls avoid posting damaging remarks without being verified. I also kindly suggest you to keep only one forum thread devoted to multiple sat tuners of the same model.

Last edited:
Working in technology support myself, I definitely understand the what goes into supporting users and a products in respect to company size and resources. It only takes a minute to post on here or reply to a support email. Keep in mind, my original support emails were never answered this week; hence, using unorthodox methods of communication such as MSN messenger, and ultimately posting here.

Just to be clear, I'm not expecting them to reply back immediately with a driver fix. However, confirming/reproducing the issue within a 72 hour period on normal international business days via the official support email is what I did expect; and, should never get to the point of reaching "damaging remarks".

Pls give Peter some credit and a lot more time to respond, which may include time to fix the drivers. You would also need to demonstrate profitability of this work for DVB World to bother, i.e. provide some background, what are exact advantages for you and others (and you didn't want to share this so far), and how it would increase their market share versus cost - some estimates. There may be inherent limitations and uneasy workarounds to this problem. Any such answer should be also linked to a particular typical PC config. They are working pretty dynamic given their company size. Generally, pls avoid posting damaging remarks without being verified. I also kindly suggest you to keep only one forum thread devoted to multiple sat tuners of the same model.

I don't think, they have any info to share, or it might be unfavorable for the company at the moment, not worthy to share with demanding public. :) And such situation might not even depend on DVB World at all. To help you a bit, pls look through some links on the topic:

How to setup MCE satellite-settings
Hauppauge Wintv Nova-T-usb 2 dvb-t tuner BSD's
2 Tuners, 2 Sources (Digital & Analog)

Keep in mind, DVB-S2 support in Win 7 is work in progress, and some remarks in links above may be a bit dated. Good luck!

P.S. I found several examples of installing identical sat devices. Common suggestion is to install them one at a time (remove another), using Windows WDM driver for one, and BDA driver for another, or Windows drivers developed by different vendors (as most of these cards are TT Reference design clones). Some fine print applies, but both devices reported to work, meaning stream signal simultaneously. Info needs translation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links! I'll definitely read through them. Maybe the other forum member with the multiple PCs and DVB World USB 2104s might figure out some kind of workaround; although, from the way he described, he exhausted all reasonable possibilities to for them to work together on one machine.

I hope that it's ok to post here about the following; however, it is sort of related to your question. So, my appologies in advance if the stuff below belongs in a different thread.

But, I got a prompt reply from the manufacturer, "Tevii". Both their sales person and tech support person replied back separately, trying to help. They both sounded pretty confident that 3 or more of their S660 would work with 3rd party software such as MyTheater, TS Reader, etc. They were even nice enough to download the latest DVB Dream beta, install it, and try it with 3 S660s. The sales lady even took a screen shot showing 3 S660's installed in DVB Dream with one tuner active. She was out the door on a friday evening at work and said she would try recording all three simultaneously on Monday and let me know. Needless to say, my experience with their support was _way_ above my expectations. I dont know, maybe I just caught them on a good day :)

The Tevii S660 seems to have the same outershell as the TBS's Q-BOX II. However their drivers appear to be fundamentally different since Tevii claims to support multiple homogenious tuners; while TBS says they dont (unless it's their PCI card with dual tuner capability). Either way, its nice to get straight-forward answer within a 24 hour business day.

I couldnt find specs on the tuner, chipset, etc. Again, I appoloize for posting this here, but maybe you or someone on this forum might have recent direct experience with at least one of the Tevii S660s and can comment on them hardware capability wise, driver stability, etc (maybe by PM or pointing me to a new forum thread). When doing google seaches for the S660, I didnt see any problems with it except someone with a diseqc issue; which doesnt really apply to me. Looks wise, having two of the side by side would definitely match the high gloss black finish of my home theater server.

Unless Peter replies back saying while he was out of town, the engineer reproduced the problem and has a workaround.. I'll most probably order a couple S660's by Tuesday. Thanks again for your help.

I don't think, they have any info to share, or it might be unfavorable for the company at the moment, not worthy to share with demanding public. :) And such situation might not even depend on DVB World at all. To help you a bit, pls look through some links on the topic:

How to setup MCE satellite-settings
Hauppauge Wintv Nova-T-usb 2 dvb-t tuner BSD's
2 Tuners, 2 Sources (Digital & Analog)

Keep in mind, DVB-S2 support in Win 7 is work in progress, and some remarks in links above may be a bit dated. Good luck!

P.S. I found several examples of installing identical sat devices: common suggestion is to install them one at a time (remove another), using WDM driver for one, and BDA driver for another, or Windows drivers developed by different vendors. Some fine print applies.

To give a hint, earlier versions of TeVii S470 (S660) used obsolete frontend & demod ?X24116, with slow switching channels, lost TPs and having problems with DVB-S2 locking. Many card makers like Prof and DVB World departured from this frontend & demod after widely reported in Europe deficiencies. However, in N/A high bit rate DVB-S2 signals are in short supply so far, so you may be OK with it. In addition, many low end Sat cards suffer from cheap impulse +5V power converter, adding dirty impulse noise to frontend's power line, and voltage drift from cheaper PC power supplies, both preventing locking select TP and polarization signals.

Last edited:
Thanks for catching that! I knew that the TeVii solution sounded too good to be true ...responsive/helpful tech support, small sleek black design, multi-tuner support, H.264, etc. Since I cant be 100% positive I wont ever need to watch DVB-S2 sources, I'll have to pass.

BTW. now I know why the TBS and TeVii have such different drivers. The TBS is newer technolog; but, without multi tuner support drivers.

Google Translate

"The main differences from the original TBS in more reliable demodulator / tuner (Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020 instead SX24116 in S470, S660)."

To give a hint, TeVii S470 (S660) uses the long obsolete demod ?X24116, having problems with DVB-S2 locking. Many card makers like Prof and DVB World departured from this demod after widely reported in Europe failures. However, in N/A DVB-S2 in high bit rates is in short supply so far, so you may be OK with it.

You're right on the money with this citation. Hope, you read the rest of it. However, current versions of TeVii S470/660 are said to use Montage tuner & demod and work pretty good for a cheap Sat card. In your place I'd still ask TeVii tech support to show 2 moving channel pics from 2 units on the same screen, including in Win 7 MC. It might not be the full story after all. But if they do, their driver might need a closer look. :)

Last edited:
It looks like TeVii did a pretty good job withe their drivers. They didnt have a 3rd satellite feed to test with, but they are confident they can have 3 or more active tuners pretty easily; with the tech support to back it up. Too bad it was done on older hardware technology.

multipledeviceonDVBDream2.jpg

You're right on the money with this citation. Hope, you read the rest of it. However, current versions of TeVii S470/660 are said to use Montage tuner & demod and work pretty good for a cheap Sat card. In your place I'd still ask TeVii tech support to show 2 moving channel pics from 2 units on the same screen, including in Win 7 MC. It might not be the full story after all. But if they do, their driver might need a closer look. :)

Nice pic! Did you see both channels in action, or just a steal dual pic? I tend to trust their tech support claims anyway. BTW, it seems they use Montage chipset in the latest card versions, so its the current model and was met quite good by consumers around the world. You can clarify this with tech support as well, if they're not reluctant to answer such questions. Can you move a couple of your last posts to this thread and delete here, and I'll move mine, just to keep an order? :)

This issue might be moot as I decided to order the DVB World PCI card. However, the card I ordered looks like it has the same obsolete technology as the USB tuners.

Anyway, I only saw the still picture. I already asked them what demod/tuner is being used in their S660 product. If you happened to find out clear documentation that shows the specs of their latest S660. Please let us know here.

BTW, not to mix up subjects.. but it is related to DVB World... did you see my post here below?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sadoun-...-outdated-dvb-s2-pci-product.html#post1999609

Last edited:
I just wanted to have a separate thread going about TeVii products line-up. Hope you're not running personal vendetta against DVB-World just because they have nothing to answer at the moment to your questions, even if they're quite useful? Could you place COPIES of your posts here in that thread? May be Iceberg can help to complete the task? :)

No personal vendetta. I have no idea why they do what they do, I just simply point it out what I see. Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to have a new Tevii thread. Ill go ahead and copy my posts. Iceberg has the ability to move posts, which is probably a cleaner way to do it; but would rather not make more work for him... doing it now.

I just wanted to have a separate thread going about TeVii products line-up. Hope you're not running personal vendetta against DVB-World just because they have nothing to answer at the moment to your questions, even if they're quite useful? Could you place COPIES of your posts here in that thread? May be Iceberg can help to complete the task? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)