dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No personal vendetta. I have no idea why they do what they do, I just simply point it out what I see. Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to have a new Tevii thread. Ill go ahead and copy my posts. Iceberg has the ability to move posts, which is probably a cleaner way to do it; but would rather not make more work for him... doing it now.

in fact,DVBWorld have some OEM customers, like Acorp,Nextrom,PBI,satstar2,terratec,tevii ,and so on...

maybe u can check linux driver for the web: http://liplianin.at.tut.by/
all usb drivers is DW2102 SOURCE.

That's interesting info. Can you tell a bit about the company history? Did you branch from Tenow or its TBS unit? Are you a Tenow branch now? Where you working for TBS before? I've heard some card makes and models are DVBWorld clones, but you say they aren't clones, but official OEM versions, meaning you have significant production volume. Just give a few remarks about company history & present & future plans and its founder for your card fans. :)

Another question is, could you describe a bit the complexity of supporting simultaneous work of 2 identical BDA tuners in Windows, and how TeVii seems to overcome it, while others can't?

Last edited:
That's interesting info. Can you tell a bit about the company history? Did you branch from Tenow or its TBS unit? Where you working for TBS before that? I've heard some card makes and models are DVBWorld clones, but you say they aren't clones, but official OEM versions, meaning you have significant production volume. Just give a few remarks about company history & present & future plans and its founder for your card fans. :)

Another question is, could you describe a bit the complexity of supporting simultaneous work of 2 identical BDA tuners in Windows, and how TeVii seems to overcome it, while others can't?

yes, maybe three years ago, DVBWOrld company some engineers leaved to TBS, soon TBS released their USB .

pls check the products MAC address number, it is IEEE provide us, it is exclusive for one compamy. if u find the MAC is 00-BD-18-XX-XX-XX, it is DVBWorld company products. of course, u can search the MAC for IEEE web. if the MAC no be finded, u can said that ......&%#@????:confused:

Learn, how to find MAC-address of your DVB Card. Why would it need a MAC-address, or even IP-address? To identify the device and its manufacturer. Just remember, with extra soft a DVB-card can be used for internet connection via satellite instead of a cable modem. And some people prefer to stream received by the card and tuned to a TV channel sat signal over the LAN to play via a network player like Popcorn Hour or a Linux STB, as such devices usually employ high quality hardware MPEG decoders, sending beautiful pics to your HDTV.

Last edited:
Learn, how to find MAC-address of your DVB Card. Why would it need a MAC-address, or even IP-address? To identify the device and its manufacturer. Just remember, with extra soft a DVB-card can be used for internet connection via satellite instead of a cable modem. And some people prefer to stream received by the card and tuned to a TV channel sat signal over the LAN to play via a network player like Popcorn Hour or a Linux STB, as such devices usually employ high quality hardware MPEG decoders, sending beautiful pics to your HDTV.

well , u can check ur DVB device MAC serial number in ur PC:

Start--run-CMD:
then command:
ipconfig/all

u can see DVB Physical Address

Read thru the first six pages or so of this thread and was thinking I'd like this unit but not with these issues. Are the bugs worked out? I noticed Sadoun has them now. I'd like to try one but I've got to be able to plug it in and use it, and not have to hassle with downloading fixes etc... Thanks Blind

Read thru the first six pages or so of this thread and was thinking I'd like this unit but not with these issues. Are the bugs worked out? I noticed Sadoun has them now. I'd like to try one but I've got to be able to plug it in and use it, and not have to hassle with downloading fixes etc... Thanks Blind

With the last few driver releases the DVB World tuners, at least the 2104s, are very stable. Like most PC tuners, don't plan on using the app that comes with your unit. But most of the apps I've tried work fine with the DVB World BDA drivers. I don't know what the future bodes for the new DVB World units, but I don't think those are generally available here.

Hi Blind,

Did you also look at the dates on the referenced posts?
They were made 1.5 years ago.
If you kept reading, you would have seen that once DVBWorld (the member here) joined, the company started making improvements to their software/drivers.
And while it is not perfect, they have responded quicker and addressed most of the issues that were brought up. I can't think of any other company in this field that has addressed their customer issues in such a manner.
I have a 2104 USB, and think it works very well.
And I often use the DVBWorld app for viewing feeds.

Does the DVBWorld DVB-S2 USB work with TS reader? What device is used or driver selected?

I have the Digiwage 402G which appears to be the same as the DVBWorld. But I have never been able to get it to work with TSReader. Since I installed the Digiwave drivers long before I installed TSReader would a delete and reinstall of the drivers help?

Bigfoot, Tsreader doesn't handle bda driver based devices, so we are out of luck with our 2104 devices. I"ve asked the author about the possiblity of writing a device file for it, but nothing so far...its been over a year since I requested it so I'm not holding my breath.:(

Bigfoot, Tsreader doesn't handle bda driver based devices, so we are out of luck with our 2104 devices. I"ve asked the author about the possiblity of writing a device file for it, but nothing so far...its been over a year since I requested it so I'm not holding my breath.:(
Thanks for the info, Starman. You've save me a bunch of time trying to get something that will never work to work.

That may be overstatement. With the world moving towards 64-bit and Win7, TSReader developer will have to move fast towards adding BDA-devices support to the program.

Thanks for the update on the unit. I read thru most of the old info. Guess I'll stay with the receiver I have. Don't need to complicate stuff for others in the house. Blind

DVBWorld will release CI module:
2l89iyt.jpg
2vvnhvo.jpg

DVBWorld

Do you have a Windows driver for DTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 card with Montage chipset? What versions of Windows it supports?

Also, the link to Linux driver for this card, given on the card page of your website, is broken. Can you post another link, accessible to everyone?

DVBWorld

Do you have a Windows driver for DTV DVB-S2 PCIe 2006 card with Montage chipset? What versions of Windows it supports?

of course, we have released the DW2006 windows ( include XP32/64, Vista32/64 ,and win 7 )drivers .

Also, the link to Linux driver for this card, given on the card page of your website, is broken. Can you post another link, accessible to everyone?
www.worlddvb.com/product/htm/DVB-S2pcie2006.htm

dvbworld - you said 32/64 for xp and vista but not win7. Does this mean there is only support for win7 32bit or are there 64bit drivers for win7 as well?

DVBWorld

Do you offer DVB-S2 HD 2104D USB BOX without CA & CI ?

in fact, if u no need CA cardreader and CI module , the 2104D usb box just is FTA solution, of course, if u need the CA cardreader and CI module ,it is more function solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.