DVBDREAM v1.4 released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
finally !

I check up on the progress about once a month.
Seems to have been a long time coming.
Glad to see it here, and thanks so much for posting!

Indeed. I tried 1.4 yesterday, and at scanning channels on my 3-sat DP setup, it's much much better than 1.3c.

However, while it's tuning rather well, it's not displaying anything! I have no video and no sound. (Saving the TS to disk, and then playing in external players, shows that the tuning is working.) Got any ideas? Playback was working fine in 1.3c.

The renderless mode is what really geeked me out. makes it a lot easier to change channels via remote desktop.

I've seen a few program crashes since i've upgraded that has made me roll back for the time being.

Biggest prob i've seen is the lack of audio streaming via VLC. I can get video, but no audio will stream to it at all.

Rolled back to 1.3c and problem is gone.

A couple of great additions to the prog so I hope they correct some of the bugs since this last realease. I'll try it again tomorrow when I have more time.

Nope....not the problem. Streaming audio is off whether renderless or not.

Works fine (video/audio) when using dvbdream as a player. No audio when LAN streaming (fine with 1.3c)

These complaints should have come up in beta testing...
... you'd think.
I haven't checked the site , but I'll bet once the shortcomings are documented, they'll be fixed quickly.

I've seen worse with MyTheatre.
But when you get 'em under control, both are fine programs.

Not ready for prime time on my system either. It consistantly crashed on encountering an HD feed. Went back to 1.3c. I was looking forward to using VLC, too.

What is the difference between BDA and WDM drivers? Were do I find the WDM drivers? I looked on the Twinhan website ( I use a 1020a) all they have are BDA drivers. :confused:

In my opinion, Twinhan doesn't have a clue about drivers, updating them, or supporting their customers.
That said , I've seen in the past that sometimes the receiver software from 3rd parties will carry the best drivers for 'em.
Look in the MyTheatre site, software package, and forum...there is probably an answer.

As far as I can tell, the two Twinhan USB boxes (the old ones) were probably the same, perhaps with a different rom signature.
And that just to prevent their newer drivers running on the old box (which I have).

Eventually I got a 102G to play with.
And in the process I changed from a laptop to a desktop with slots.
No great success with Win 2000, so I changed hard drives and loaded WinXP.

Eventually, I got burned out and tried some FTA boxes.
Once DVBdream 1.4 shakes its bugs out, maybe I'll get reinvigorated and try again.

My experience with a Twinhan 1025 was that 1.3c would not handle bandstacked LNBs correctly. The automatic scan never found "horizontal" transponders. I could enter frequencies by hand and get it to work, but that is seriously tedious work. 1.4 scans beautifully.

Of course it refused to use my Cytberlink V5 codecs... :( 1.3c was much less picky.

1.4a just released

v1.4a (04.11.2007)

- ddsource.ax update (1.3)

- New option to adjust direct show buffer size

- Frequencies are now displayed in KHz for DVB-T/C

- Bug fixes
* Users can see the buffer usage now on the main window. (bars - red: video blue: audio)
* SimOSD update

And v1.4b is out!

v1.4b (06.11.2007)
new.gif
  • ddsource.ax update (1.4) Fix for crash problem !
  • * SimOSD update (keyboard shorcuts, see SimOSD_1.21_en.txt)

And 1.4c is out.

v1.4c (08.11.2007)

- ddsource.ax update (v1.5) , fix for some crash and buffer problems

You guys that use VLC, what is an error that says...

libdvbpsi error (psi decoder) : ts duplicate (receieved 0, expected 1)

Resulted in no sound when I streamed my DVBDREAM stream through VLC. :confused:

1.4d is out

v1.4d (11.11.2007)

- Main window GUI elements are now collapsable
- ddsource.ax update (v1.6)
- Filter manager fix for some scan problems (the issue on Dutch cable provider @home)
- nVidia, elecard, sonic codecs should work better now with new source filter
- Archived frame rate, jitter and dropped frames are displayed on the main window (collapsable)
- option to keep aspect ratio for VMR (Right click menu on the video->Aspect Ratio->Keep Aspect Ratio)
- option to disable/enable positioner feature
- option to drive the motor at startup

1.4e is out

v1.4e (02.12.2007)

- ddsource.ax update (v1.7)
- After channel changes, a few frames from the previous channels were being displayed, fixed
- MPEG-2 HD channels were choppy, should be better now
- Network search fixed
- Minor fix for less CPU usage while recording in TS format
- New analysis option added: Simple video stream analyzer to examine things like GOP length, the arrangement of I/P/B frames, frame sizes and PES frequencies

There is a file, regdrop.exe, which I've had some luck with. The process is you copy the codec into the Windows/system32 folder, then drag the codec file onto the regdrop.exe. This registers the codec .

Attachments

• regdrop.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 385
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)