New Model Release: OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2

FEMA on 24/7
Fox Sports on 24/7
Fox Talk on 24/7

Rush Limbaugh 12P eastern to 3pm I think.
Glenn Beck mornings
Hannity afternoons
These are working here just fine on a mio (not Plus model) I would assume that the mio+ should decode these also.

Reactions: Titanium
Mike;

Is that using the TNAP firmware that has been talked about or a standard E2 image like Vix or Pli?

That was using TNAP(Which is SatdreamGR with NA settings by default). I chose that because that is what it is shipped with. Later I can try another image if you like.

ADD TO ABOVE:
I just tried it with the openVIX and all 3 worked fine there as well.

I'll take the plunge and get one of the dual tuner STB's when your ready to release it. As I indicated before I've got quite a few tuners and this will be my 3rd 4K tuner but none of the other boxes would handle the AAC audio. With this I can just use one receiver and save some desk space. I could play the stream by opening it in VLC on the desktop computer with the other boxes but that is a hassle.

...but none of the other boxes would handle the AAC audio....
I am curious what sound is emitted (if any) when a device doesn't handle AAC? Is it silence or something else? The reason I ask is that on my U4 Quad Hybrid receiver I occasionally heard bursts of sound that reminded me of a modem screeching. Most of the time it was from a news helicopter covering a police pursuit or riot.

I don't have a sample of the sound because I had to move my satellite dish and have not gotten it realigned with the arc yet.

Anyway, if no one is familiar with what I am referring to then I will try to provide a sample audio file.

.... Also another question: Approx. how many GB per hour of recording does the OS Mio use for regular 1080P (1920x1080)?

Unspported digital audio usually is not decoded and the audio channel is blank. Some receivers may attempt to decode incompatible pod data and emit flashes of hash noises in the process.

The sound heard during helicopter shots is the aircraft positioning data.

FTA STB DVRs capture the raw transport stream, so the file size is dependent on the bandwidth used by the service.

Reactions: N6BY
I am curious what sound is emitted (if any) when a device doesn't handle AAC? Is it silence or something else? The reason I ask is that on my U4 Quad Hybrid receiver I occasionally heard bursts of sound that reminded me of a modem screeching. Most of the time it was from a news helicopter covering a police pursuit or riot.

I don't have a sample of the sound because I had to move my satellite dish and have not gotten it realigned with the arc yet.

Anyway, if no one is familiar with what I am referring to then I will try to provide a sample audio file.

.... Also another question: Approx. how many GB per hour of recording does the OS Mio use for regular 1080P (1920x1080)?

Get at least a 2TB drive, and don't worry about it. That's what I have, and with 139 .TS files of tv shows and movies over 7~ months, I'm only using 540gb of data. A few of those are from UHD tv (4k) on 101w

The sound heard during helicopter shots is the aircraft positioning data. ...
OK, thanks. I thought it was some unsupported audio format in my U4 Quad Hybrid.

FTA STB DVRs capture the raw transport stream, so the file size is dependent on the bandwidth used by the service.
Does the OS Mio capture the entire transponder with all the channels, or does it clip it down to only the channel that you want?
Get at least a 2TB drive, and don't worry about it. That's what I have, and with 139 .TS files of tv shows and movies over 7~ months, I'm only using 540gb of data. A few of those are from UHD tv (4k) on 101w
I tried using a 64 GB thumb drive. It filled up pretty fast with my U4 Quad.

No, of course, no one is going to release their proprietary docs for the potential of selling 30 units.

... I digress off topic a bit: Quorum Communications sells a receiver called the 'GRB-200' which receives the DVB-S2 signal from the GOES-16 and 17 satellites and streams it over ethernet to image processing workstations. They charge $20K per receiver!

You may want to look at Low-cost software defined radio (RTL2832 SDR) community • r/RTLSDR and amateursatellites • r/amateursatellites if you have not yet.

Reactions: Brct203
brian;

Any idea when you think the two tuner box is going to be finished with the firmware testing and ready to be sold?

Sorry, no estimate when the new Mio+ sales will begin. We are working with Edision to fix the Enigma2 kernel 5.3 drivers.

Currently the Mio+ drivers have some issues that affect accuracy for Bindscan on the main tuner and the blindscan function of the second tuner. This affects all Mio+ images at this time.

Have the MIO+ units in stock, but not interested in knowingly retailing a product that is still in development and would likely frustrate most hobbyists. Frankly speaking, I won't sell something that I don't use myself.

If you really want one and wish to experiment with nightly builds of various images, call me.

To clarify the last post... Received a few phone calls this morning asking what the problem is with Blind Scan as a video was recently posted showing the Mio+ performing a blind scan.

The Mio+ is currently performing a incomplete blind scan, and there are many errors with the logged transponders and services. Yes, one could step back to an earlier kernel version, but then the user will be limited to the available plug-ins and the ongoing problem with kernel 5.2 and 5.3 missing tight SCPC TP transponders as has been discussed in other threads. Nightly releases are fixing and breaking things as they work on fixing these problems.

Hope the additional information helps!

Have a great weekend! I am off to the Sierra mountains for the Amateur Radio California QSO Party. Will be operating 160-10m SSB and CW with the club under the call W6EK. Hope to catch some of you during the contest this weekend! Stop by and say hello!

Thanks Brian!

we can wait....or at least I can. I’ve done beta testing before and I know you want a mature OS before you release to the community. I am content with my Octagon and willing to wait until this is dialed in. In the end it’s less hassle for you to have the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before release.

Reactions: N6BY and FTA4PA
Hello,
Looking forward to the next twin tuner version. It's been about 10 days since the last post. Any update on the release/shipping date? Is this something that's weeks away? months away? Just curious.

Thank you!

Reactions: EmCommSat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)