New Model Release: OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2

I purchased this back in December but I'm just now getting ready to try it out, either tonight or tomorrow. Is there anything I need to know before experimenting? The instructions inside don't mention anything other than hooking and powering it up. Should any kind of back up be done? If so, could you give me a quick how-to or point me in the right direction. Thanks! :)

I would head over to the legitfta and install TNAP 3.2 before stating out. Might as well start learning with the latest image and now with online updating.
Hi Titanium! Since this is the plus version with two tuners, updating this to TNAP 3.2 won't disble the front display will it? I swear I read somewhere on here that installing some newer version of something would kill the front display but can't remember where. Thanks for your patience! :)

I would head over to the legitfta and install TNAP 3.2 before stating out. Might as well start learning with the latest image and now with online updating.
Also, is TNAP 3.2 available anywhere else than the legitfta site? I am not a member there and I saw posts from a user here that said they couldn't get anyone to reply over there when they wanted to join.

Last edited:
No display issues with 3.2. I beleive that was with early test version of v3.

TNAP is only distributed by El Bandido for security reasons.

If you have troubles signing up with Legitfta, I'll let the admin know. They have the site pretty tight and some browsers or older versions have security issues.

If you never have used the STB before, put TNAP 3.2 in slot one. If you have been using other versions, put it in an used slot to see if you like it before committing to it being the recovery image.

Reactions: FTA4PA
No display issues with 3.2. I beleive that was with early test version of v3.

TNAP is only distributed by El Bandido for security reasons.

If you have troubles signing up with Legitfta, I'll let the admin know. They have the site pretty tight and some browsers or older versions have security issues.

If you never have used the STB before, put TNAP 3.2 in slot one. If you have been using other versions, put it in an used slot to see if you like it before committing to it being the recovery image.
Thanks for the quick answer Titanium! I will try to set up an account at legitfta for TNAP 3.2 and let you know if there are any issues. I've never used my MIO before so it's all new to me! :D

Reactions: Titanium
Titanium, how long does it usually take to receive the code needed to register at Legitfta? I requested one about 30 minutes ago and nothing received so for - checked spam folder too. I'm running latest Firefox (76.0) on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS so security should not be an issue. Thanks!

Titanium, how long does it usually take to receive the code needed to register at Legitfta? I requested one about 30 minutes ago and nothing received so for - checked spam folder too. I'm running latest Firefox (76.0) on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS so security should not be an issue. Thanks!

Gmail marks all emails from them as SPAM, so check your SPAM folder. Also, it takes me anywhere from 4 hours, to 24 hours to get an email from them. Even with them Whitelisted.

Gmail marks all emails from them as SPAM, so check your SPAM folder. Also, it takes me anywhere from 4 hours, to 24 hours to get an email from them. Even with them Whitelisted.
Checked spam and I don't use Gmail so not a problem. I know some sites are automated and it happens immediately. Guess I just have to be patient. :)

There are two .zip files for the 3.2 images. Which one should we use, the regular .zip or the multiboot .zip and what is the easiest procedure to overwrite the original TNAP 1.0 image? I see the procedures for putting an image in a different slot, but I'm kind of lost on the overwriting of the original image.

Use the USB.zip image if you wish to overwrite the Slot #1 image. Use the multiboot image if you wish to load the image in another slot (2, 3 or 4)

To perform a clean install in slot #1:
  • Unzip and place on top level of the USB thumb drive
  • Open the folder
  • Change the file "noforce" to "force"
  • Unplug the OS Mio 4K
  • Remove any other drives
  • Insert the thumb drive
  • Plug-in the OS Mio 4K
  • After the update completes and the STB reboots, remove the thumb drive and configure the STB with the startup menu.

Delete the folder from the thumb drive to prevent accidental image overwrite

Use the USB.zip image if you wish to overwrite the Slot #1 image. Use the multiboot image if you wish to load the image in another slot (2, 3 or 4)

To perform a clean install in slot #1:
  • Unzip and place on top level of the USB thumb drive
  • Open the folder
  • Change the file "noforce" to "force"
  • Unplug the OS Mio 4K
  • Remove any other drives
  • Insert the thumb drive
  • Plug-in the OS Mio 4K
  • After the update completes and the STB reboots, remove the thumb drive and configure the STB with the startup menu.

Delete the folder from the thumb drive to prevent accidental image overwrite
Thanks Titanium! What is the procedure if we want to keep the original image the MIO shipped with in slot #1 and want to install TNAP 3.2 to slot 2, 3 or 4?

Last edited:
Reactions: EmCommSat
Well, it's been more than two days and still no registration code. I even used the contact us link to let them know and nothing. :( If you can do anything it would be appreciated Titanium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts