The North American Project TNAP 2 Released 12/6/2019(OS MIO+ 4K ONLY)

Haven't streamed lately, but yes, in the past had often streamed 4:2:2 services, including the CBS channels. Have streamed to Windows PCs / tablets, Android tablets /phones and STBs. Like the post above mentions, usually used the DreamDroid Android app.

Thanks Titanium. Can you tell me which Android TV box you have successfully streamed CBS 4:2:2 from the OS Mio 4k? I ask because I while I have been able to playback ABC 4:2:2 with an Amlogic S922x device, no Android TV box (not phone or tablet) appears to be capable of handling CBS.

Have had several Android STBs in the past 10 years. Most were demo units from manufacturers. I recall several were based on Rockchip and Hisilicon. Also had streamed to an Amazon Fire Recast.

Never differentiated between the originators of 4:2:2 services as they all displayed. Recall some high bitrate backhauls might stutter on fast action (auto racing) etc. Unsure if that was my wifi network or ???. Rarely happened on ethernet hardwire.

Reactions: mr3p
Thank you, that was very helpful. I hadn't even considered a different chipset but maybe that is the difference. Amlogic S922x being a relatively newer chipset, I thought had more GPU power than Hisilicon Hi3798M although anything is possible. I'm a reluctant to get a Hisilicon based device at this time as development stopped at Android 9. I don't know much about Rockchip based devices as I'm not familiar with their product line. I'll keep looking.

Found this comparison chart which I thought was interesting.

Last edited: