Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Fl
Transponder question,

When I look at my list of transponders on a satellite after a blind scan is see that they all say mode DVBS

None of them come up as DVBS2. Can someone help me understand this? My receiver is an AMIKO A3,

And I can edit the transponder info and change it to DVBS2. Not that I would. But the option is there.

Thanks

The transponder list displaying the type of modulation used by the logged transponder. If the transponder uses DVBS2, the list would display DVBS2. If you edit the transponder type to DVBS2 the receiver will attempt to log channels in that format and will not locate any channels.

Go to anther satellite and view the Transponder list. The should be many DVBS2 transponders on most satellites.

Thank You sir I fond one on 125 W and one on 107 west! I thought i had switched off the option some how.

Reactions: Titanium
A blind scan should normally detect DVB-S or DVB-S2 correctly, but it's not 100%. Basically what it's doing is looking at the RF on the transponder and trying to figure out the symbol rate. If you have a really strong signal it should always guess correctly, but if it's marginal it may guess wrong. That is the only time it should be necessary to edit that item.

Ahh, Monty Python. ;)

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)