DVBWorld needs a software update!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
so i finally got my dishes tweaked and i have started with signal distribution. up until now i havent had much luck tuning anything with my dvbworld pcie2006. it blindscans fine but any attempt to tune fails. i get the bouncing meters. i decided to look into this a bit further tonight and im sure the problem lies in the dvbworld software (not necessarily the driver but the app). using any versions pre blindscan release and the tuner functions fine. to lock a signal using any post blinscan versions (it doesnt appear the driver has changed only the app) i have to reopen the scan dialog and hit the lock button. this will lock the signal and tune a channel. this has been reproduced on 2 pcs under both xp and vista. and before anyone asks i have molex power to the card.

it also appears dcad has the same issue here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-pc-dvb-discussion/222562-dvb-world-pcie2006-drivers.html)

i guess im gonna have to email dvbworld and see what they have to say. profs tune no problem as well as my genpix, tbs 6920 and azbox elite.

it also does not appear to be signal related as the levels are 97 / 87 when locked.

if anyone else has noticed this behaviour please post a hell yah so im not a loner. haha.

crackt out,.

I wrote a few emails with different problem to them, but no answer. Company like Technotrend, Technisat, Tbs, Genpix etc. have a sight better support and their products are seelling very well. Blindscan doesn't work for me too. When I scan from tp.ini file, I have signal from 96 tp's on Hotbird, blindscan function give me 57 active tp's. Diseqc still don't work and CA reader is unuseful because plugin is from 2008.

I'm getting it to work just fine on 32 bit XP. My biggest complaint is that the only way to tell if a TP is S2 is to watch the bottom of the screen during a blindscan (and write really really fast). The resulting TP list doesn't indicate if a TP is DVB-S or S2. That's kinda a bummer if (like me) you're using a different program for primary operation.

I agree that the new blindscan driver is working (PCIe 2006), because DVB Viewer uses the device flawlessly... just not for blindscanning, lol. But the blindscanning in the DVB World software is really fast.

I'm not sure why you're experiencing a failure to lock & scan channels after it finds the TP. But if it helps you to know this, I do have it working properly in my setup. So it is possible. When's the last time that you did a fresh install of Windows (and all the "to do" that comes with it)?

I've learned recently (the hard way) that Clonezilla is your friend. I now have back-ups from no drivers installed at all to a full installation (and a lot of steps in-between). Comes in real handy when trying to run down these little aggrevations.

Cheers

to clarify the tuner blindscans fine. it also tunes channels in mytheatre (although saar needs to add diseqc support. and yes it was tested on 4 fresh installs so im pretty sure the bug lies in the dvbworld app. it simply will not lock a signal when i select a channel from the list. the signal / quality meters bounce red until i open the scan dialog and hit the lock tp button. it will then lock and render the channel properly. just not when selecting channels from the list.

also anony55. to tell if the tps are s2 ... select one from the drop down list and if its s2 it will be nbc qpsk or nbc 8psk. the pilot settings need to be tried manually.

the other thing to note is that i did blindscan a 16apsk signal with this tuner. i just wish the software worked like it should. sucks to have to input everything into another app or reciever to test channels when im already sitting at one of my pcs.

crackt out,.

...it simply will not lock a signal when i select a channel from the list. the signal / quality meters bounce red until i open the scan dialog and hit the lock tp button. it will then lock and render the channel properly. just not when selecting channels from the list.

OK, now I understand. I thought the problem was that it was failing to initially tune the channels after finding TPs during blindscan. But it's failing to tune when you select it from the list instead.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed it taking several seconds to tune in after selection from the list. In my case, it does eventually pop in, but it does take a little while sometimes.

...also anony55. to tell if the tps are s2 ... select one from the drop down list and if its s2 it will be nbc qpsk or nbc 8psk. the pilot settings need to be tried manually...

Excellent!! Thank you for that info.

...the other thing to note is that i did blindscan a 16apsk signal with this tuner. i just wish the software worked like it should. sucks to have to input everything into another app or reciever to test channels when im already sitting at one of my pcs.

crackt out,.

I know what you mean. What would really be cool would be to have the DVB World software scan into *.ini files that are compatible with other progs. But first, they need to either let you append TPs without erasing the existing TPs, or put in another option to "click OK to continue" between polarities. That would really help us manual changing polarity guys.

The software definitely needs some work.

Cheers

I know what you mean. What would really be cool would be to have the DVB World software scan into *.ini files that are compatible with other progs. But first, they need to either let you append TPs without erasing the existing TPs, or put in another option to "click OK to continue" between polarities. That would really help us manual changing polarity guys.

The software definitely needs some work.

Cheers
@ the highlighted::up

The inability to append TP without erasing the existing TPs is driving me NUTS!!! Also, the DiseqC is not working. These are basic functions that should be working without hassels!!:rant:

Actually, I haven't even tried the DiSEqC switching yet. So far, I've only used this card to play with C-Band (which is on port #1). I haven't even tried Ku (port #2) yet.

I wonder if this is one of those times that you can use another prog (like DVBV) to switch the port, and then go into the DVB World software and port #2 still be active. I've pulled that trick on other software before. That's one heck of a way to get something to work, lol.

Cheers

if you read back to my posts in the dvbworld thread i also second "scanning into tp.ini files". i did muck around in the file it scans the tps into and its a proprietary format. even with a hex editor it is very unusable.

i can also say that i have diseqc functioning with a 17x4 emp switch and i have played with disecq 1.2 positioners and they also worked. the one annoyance i have with diseqc 1.2 is that the positions cannot be edited and are assigned based on what the software thinks it should be not what the user would like it to be.

the blindscan works very well. it'd be nice to see if they are interested in making the software better. maybe once prof releases there vapourware ptg engine 1.7 blindscan it'll pressure dvbworld to pull up their socks.

im awaiting an email response from dvbworld with my fingers crossed. maybe sadoun can pressure them the same way they did with the sathawk pvr800.

maybe its time for a feature request / bug sticky.

crackt out,.

if you read back to my posts in the dvbworld thread i also second "scanning into tp.ini files". i did muck around in the file it scans the tps into and its a proprietary format. even with a hex editor it is very unusable.

i can also say that i have diseqc functioning with a 17x4 emp switch and i have played with disecq 1.2 positioners and they also worked. the one annoyance i have with diseqc 1.2 is that the positions cannot be edited and are assigned based on what the software thinks it should be not what the user would like it to be.

the blindscan works very well. it'd be nice to see if they are interested in making the software better. maybe once prof releases there vapourware ptg engine 1.7 blindscan it'll pressure dvbworld to pull up their socks.

im awaiting an email response from dvbworld with my fingers crossed. maybe sadoun can pressure them the same way they did with the sathawk pvr800.

maybe its time for a feature request / bug sticky.

crackt out,.
I have issues with the DVDBWorld not working with the Diseqc and 22Khz switch. It should be noted that the same setup works fine with my AZBox Elite, Coolsat 5000 and all other receivers in my collection. See here.......

I can actually tune fine crackt (green strength and quality). My issue is with the current drivers and the s2 8psk channels not displaying the video ever. A rollback of the DRIVERS ONLY fixes this so you're problem is different from mine.

Since SOME people are able to watch S2 channels with the current drivers, I believe whatever they changed in the driver must have some hardware incompatibilities with my system since I've tried everything software-wise.

Good luck getting a response from dvbworld. I don't think they even check that email anymore.

I can actually tune fine crackt (green strength and quality). My issue is with the current drivers and the s2 8psk channels not displaying the video ever. A rollback of the DRIVERS ONLY fixes this so you're problem is different from mine.

Since SOME people are able to watch S2 channels with the current drivers, I believe whatever they changed in the driver must have some hardware incompatibilities with my system since I've tried everything software-wise.

Good luck getting a response from dvbworld. I don't think they even check that email anymore.
I have the same problem.The software will not let you watch anything that is in Dvb_s2 format which makes it a wast of money.

I have the same problem.The software will not let you watch anything that is in Dvb_s2 format which makes it a wast of money.
How fast is your PC?

.........in instances where the video doesn't display, I right click on the video window. From the drop down chose "Decoder settings" check off the video decoders and apply and video should display. You may want to add other Video decoders to you PC too. Check out this post..

Last edited:
How fast is your PC?

.........in instances where the video doesn't display, I right click on the video window. From the drop down chose "Decoder settings" check off the video decoders and apply and video should display. You may want to add other Video decoders to you PC too. Check out this post..
I have a quad processor.8gigs of ram.I have a prof 7301 card also.it plays the Dvb-s2 feeds without any problem.The Dvbworld card scans the S2
feeds, but when you go back to your channel pane.All the S2 channels show red not green for signal.

I have a quad processor.8gigs of ram.I have a prof 7301 card also.it plays the Dvb-s2 feeds without any problem.The Dvbworld card scans the S2
feeds, but when you go back to your channel pane.All the S2 channels show red not green for signal.

Is there a switch in your setup? If so remove the switch and try again. I noticed similar problems when I had 4X1 and 22KHz switches in my setup.

I ran across the problem of "it scans them but does not play them" If you blind scan them in there is an option to "blind scan tp's than search for programs. " When I do that it looks like it works but it just doesn't... What I found out, If you right click on the channel and go to edit for some reason it is turning on the 22k switch ( I never asked it to) Turning on 22k switches me over to my Ku setup and gets nothing for c band.
So i'd just say buggy software. To get around this I blind scan first and don't search for programs and come back and search "default tp's "

I ran across the problem of "it scans them but does not play them" If you blind scan them in there is an option to "blind scan tp's than search for programs. " When I do that it looks like it works but it just doesn't... What I found out, If you right click on the channel and go to edit for some reason it is turning on the 22k switch ( I never asked it to) Turning on 22k switches me over to my Ku setup and gets nothing for c band.
So i'd just say buggy software. To get around this I blind scan first and don't search for programs and come back and search "default tp's "

thanks. i can now preview channels with their software. although i find it strange that i didnt see 22khz enabled. in my case it was miniportA being enabled. i think it was tripping out my emp 17x4. all better now. thanks again. 2 stage scanning fixed it.

but still no s2 channels.

crackt out,.

thanks. i can now preview channels with their software. although i find it strange that i didnt see 22khz enabled. in my case it was miniportA being enabled. i think it was tripping out my emp 17x4. all better now. thanks again. 2 stage scanning fixed it.

but still no s2 channels.

crackt out,.
.............because of all these issues, I'm using the loopout from my AZBoxElite and i hate it as you can only scan one polarity at a time based on what polarity the STB is on.

.............because of all these issues, I'm using the loopout from my AZBoxElite and i hate it as you can only scan one polarity at a time based on what polarity the STB is on.

That's similar to my next move. Except I'll be looping out of a Pansat 2800 that's already piggy-backed to a DSR-922. I just need to make or buy another RG6 cable. In my case, the Pansat will just choose the DiSEqC port, and the DSR-922 will select the polarity.

I did some switch testing the last few days with this card, and this is what I found...

1) Using a Sadoun 1.0/2.0 DiSEqC switch, the PCIe 2006 failed 100% to move the switch from it's default port (#1). This was tested with both the DVB World software, and DVB Viewer. This same switch functions properly on both the Pansat 2800 & TT3200.

2) Using a Zinwell 4x4 multiswitch, the PCIe 2006 failed 100% to switch to the "22khz ON" pair. This was tested with both the DVB World software, and DVB Viewer. This same switch functions properly on both the Pansat 2800 & TT3200.

It should be noted that I did NOT test any DiSEqC 1.1 or 1.2 (motor simulated) switches.

There is no way that I've found to test the TT3200 with the DVB World software. But the TT3200 performs all these switching functions properly with these switches & DVB Viewer.

The fact that DVB Viewer also fails with switching the PCIe 2006 card, has caused me to change my belief that the driver is OK. Surely, the driver is the cause of the switching failures... or so it would seem.

The driver will have to be fixed before I can recommend the DVB World PCIe 2006 to anyone else.

Cheers

from my testing it appears that a tuning delay or the ability to repeat diseqc is needed. i'm using a emp 17x4 switch. i can access disecq port 1 and 2 no problems while scanning but when trying to tune it fails 100% of the time. for the time being ive cabled the dvbworld input from a prof 7301 loop out. it allows me to blindscan what every polarity im tuning with the prof. i can even tune 2 different frequencies in this config (same polarity of course). itll stay like this until we see an update. havent heard much from dvbworld lately though...

crackt out,.

...i'm using a emp 17x4 switch. i can access disecq port 1 and 2 no problems while scanning but when trying to tune it fails 100% of the time...

So all I need is a $250 DiSEqC switch and I'll be all set for scanning. :D :D

It's hard to believe that they'd release this driver without testing it on at least 2 or 3 different switches. I was all set to start a campain to see if they would send an API to Lars to see if we could get the hardware blindscanning incorporated into DVB Viewer/TransEdit. 100% (hardware) blindscan functionality in TransEdit would be awesome.

But DVB World needs to get their own software/drivers functional with at least the basics first.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)