DVI-D or Component to RGBHV

jose44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
I currently have a Mitsu 65903 HDTV that requires RGBHV. No component, YPbPr, just RGBHV. The HDTV sources I have now all output RGBHV, either as 5 BNC connectors or a DB-15 (VGA) connector. I run them into a switchbox that uses VGA in and aVGA-to-RGBHV 5 BNC breakout cable. The last cable is what goes into the Mitsu.

Looking at the VOOM receiver (which seems to be very similar to the Starchoice DSR-500) I don't know how to get from either the DVI-D or component outputs of the receiver to the RGBHV input of my TV. Can anybody help? Thanks.

jose44 said:
I currently have a Mitsu 65903 HDTV that requires RGBHV. No component, YPbPr, just RGBHV. The HDTV sources I have now all output RGBHV, either as 5 BNC connectors or a DB-15 (VGA) connector. I run them into a switchbox that uses VGA in and aVGA-to-RGBHV 5 BNC breakout cable. The last cable is what goes into the Mitsu.

Looking at the VOOM receiver (which seems to be very similar to the Starchoice DSR-500) I don't know how to get from either the DVI-D or component outputs of the receiver to the RGBHV input of my TV. Can anybody help? Thanks.

There are adaptors that go from DVI to RGB but the downside will be if HDCP is turn then you will be out of luck because there is no such device. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=4496&highlight=rgb

jose44 said:
Can anybody help? Thanks.

You would need a component to VGA transcoder.

Key Digital:

kd-ctca3.jpg

Audio Authority:

09a62.jpg

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
You would need a component to VGA transcoder.

Key Digital:

kd-ctca3.jpg

Audio Authority:

09a62.jpg

Bill

Thanks a lot. I'll spring for the AA unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts