DVI vs. Component for Voom

Lobstah said:
For those of you with RPTVs that are experiencing "image shift", that may be a simple overscan issue on that particular input on your TV.

Lob

I experience it but only on DVI and only on DVI for Satellite SD channels. Local SD does not image shift. If I switch to component there is no image shift but I don't like component very much. I have a Sammy DLP

Gutter,

I too have a Sammy DLP and don't experience any shifting like other people have. I have used both component and DVI. As of now my DVI "black screens" have stopped and now using DVI again. The DVI cables give you a little more detail. Where as the component gives you a little more color.

I'm going out on a limb here and say that my Rear Projection TV, a Phillips 60" wide, I've tried connecting via component and DVI, and there is a noticeably less flicker on 1080i using DVI (don't ask me why) even though people at the store I got it from groaned when I mentioned wanting to use the DVI for something.

It works out better for me anyhow I have a DVD and video game console hooked up into the other HD port anyway.

Now I am really confused!

So I called Voom and they insist that their receiver doesn't need any special connectors to connect to the VGA input on my projector. I asked them several times, and after confering with someone, came back and insisted that the receiver has a VGA output. I looked at their online manual and only see the DVI and the component outputs - no VGA!

I am really confused now! They have scheduled an install on the 29th and I have asked them to make a note for the installer that they will be hooking it up to a VGA projector. I am going to be pretty pissed if after waiting this long for an install, the installer shows up and says "Duh! You need a transcoder!"

Can anyone confirm if their receiver has a VGA output?

Dvi is better than Component on Mits 68613

I have a Mitsubish 68613 Diamond Series and i just hooked my DVI finally, I have been using component all along with my Voom Box. My picture does not shift to the right like some on this thread have complained. The picture is much more sharper with DVi, with much more detail. Component connections on the MIts result is a slighty blurred picture comparatively. I love the DVI connection it makes even the SD channels sharper.

passing_ships said:
So I called Voom and they insist that their receiver doesn't need any special connectors to connect to the VGA input on my projector. I asked them several times, and after confering with someone, came back and insisted that the receiver has a VGA output. I looked at their online manual and only see the DVI and the component outputs - no VGA!

I am really confused now! They have scheduled an install on the 29th and I have asked them to make a note for the installer that they will be hooking it up to a VGA projector. I am going to be pretty pissed if after waiting this long for an install, the installer shows up and says "Duh! You need a transcoder!"

Can anyone confirm if their receiver has a VGA output?
The Voom receiver does not have vga out. It only has DVI and Component. You will need a transcoder to connect. These devices are available and not hard to find.

Wow, so these CSRs don't even know what is on the products they sell? That's not very encouraging to new customers. Is the DVI connector DVI-D or does it also have analog output? If it is the latter, I can use a DVI/VGA adapter that came with my PC.

It's DVI-D. Digital only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)