DVR 510 Install Help?

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Well I upgraded today. Got rid of my 811 and 625 and ordered two vip 622. Well they were out of 622 and I got 722 instead. DARN. Yeah for me. Anyway I also have a 311 that I wanted to replace with a dvr510 that I got from a friend. The 311 works fine but the dish 510 can only find one satellite. The tech told me it's probably a bad box. Is there anything I could try. Keeps telling me it's hooked up to a twin dpl when it's hooked up to a dish 1000.

Yes

Yes I run a switch test and it tells me it can only find on satellite which is the 119. It won't find 110. When I hooked up the 311 box it found everything. Is it a problem with my 510? The receiver is not active yet but I can get program guide for the 119 channels. Says smart card not active

Maybe the 510 but I doubt it, change all(I mean all) connectors related to where it is now, and try it again.

All connectors all the way back to the dish.

No luck

No luck tried it with different connections. Both my 311 and my 722 pick up the satellite so it almost has the be the box.

What I meant was the connectors on the line from the dish itself, but if you have changed all connectors then it is most likely the box.

It was a friends box

It was a friends box so it was free. He said his friend never used it but he probably never got it too work. Any place I can find a cheap 510 or 625. Ebay scares me and I see the dishstore has one refurbished for $150.

Dishstore would be your best bet.

it needs a software download

the 510 needs a software download to see two satellites. at the acquiring satellite screen just turn the sat power off so your tv shows snow and wait - a download screen shdould pop up after a few minutes

the 510 needs a software download to see two satellites. at the acquiring satellite screen just turn the sat power off so your tv shows snow and wait - a download screen shdould pop up after a few minutes

Seconded. I've had awesome issues with the 510's I've installed lately only seeing the 119 satellite until the new software was downloaded. Run a checkswitch after the required software download and you should be good.

THANK YOU GUYS. I WORKED GREAT. THIS IS THE BEST BOARD EVER. I did a search everywhere and couldn't find an answer. Even the tech couldn't get it too work. He told me the receiver was bad. WHATEVER He did give me two 722 instead of 622 though.

THANK YOU GUYS. I WORKED GREAT. THIS IS THE BEST BOARD EVER. I did a search everywhere and couldn't find an answer. Even the tech couldn't get it too work. He told me the receiver was bad. WHATEVER He did give me two 722 instead of 622 though.
Glad it worked! And yes, you upgraded at the right time; our warehouse is out of 622's and we use 722's in their place at no extra charge to the customer. They'll probably start sending reman 622's to us sometime, much like the 522's we still carry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts