DVR FWD/Back

Dish must have sprayed my 722K with a good bug spray before I received it on June 1st of this year. I use those two buttons to the point where you would think they should fall off the remote. This is due to what I watch being almost ALL recorded. They way I kill the ads. I have read about this BIG jump back before but (lucky) have never had it happen to my 722K.

osu1991, maybe it was that large number of hits? Think I will give that a try and see what happens.

JINX!!!!! I see a replacement receiver being ordered in your future.:p

I have seen pressing a button multiple times, even different ones, cause havoc. The play point can jump to the end or beginning or almost anywhere. It can cause a reboot!!, which I think happens if the internal stacks overflow due to unchecked bounds on the stack or other sloppy programming.
-Ken

I've had the problem where it will skip back, way back, sometimes to the beginning of a program. I've noticed that it only happens when watching a SD channel on my HD receivers. I've never seen it on the HD channels.

In general, the entire process (skipping, slow, freezing) seems more buggy when they converted me to all MPEG4 from the MPEG2 system.

I still feel this has something to do with the software "workaround" that Dish had to use trying to avoid the TiVo patent infringement.

Hopefully, sometime in the near future they will be able to re-insert the TiVo software that actually works on trick plays instead of the Dish work-around that was pretty poor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)