dvr help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlosg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
why can i only record 20 to 23 hours then i run out of space the dvr can record 35 hours

It is all bit rate dependant. I would reboot your recorder and see if it si still that way because at most you should be short 1 hour for the cache streams from live TV.

I would tell anyone who is running out of space to upgrade your DVR if you are comfortable with it. It is legal and once I went to a 120GB hard drive I NEVER ran out of space.

rebooted it and stil gives 19 to 21 hours, so do you thinkthe machine is messed up?

the 35 hours is just an estimate, it probably just means that the shows you recorded have more information or higher bit rate then what they consider average

I still say bit rate as does shappyss. Only other thing is a clear and delete everything, but if you do that all your shows are toast, that's bad.

You say it still gives 19-21 hours, since there is no free space indicator on TiVo are you using TiVoWeb? Is your unit modded already? where are you getting the hours?

The type of programming being recorded also has an impact on how much storage space is used. For example, if a program has a complex audio track, such as an alternate audio option or if it is presented in Dolby Digital, it will take up more memory than a program that has standard mono or stereo sound.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)