DVR Intermittent hell

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garyg007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
North east Ohio
At random intervals my HR21 decides that it cannot find any satellite siginals; two other basic receivers have no trouble finding signals,

Red reset button or a power disconnect reset solves the problem and the DVR starts working again.

The problem is the this happens way to frequently - and has become a nuisance; My wife is not technically inclined and I have not been able to get her to do the simple procedure to reset the HR21. So if it fails when I'm not home, she cannot watch TV.

Then comes the problem with customer service. If I call them when the DVR is working - Duh.
If I call them when the DVR is in a 'failed' state, they will guide me thru the procedure to to reset it and this will make it work until the next time it fails - ergo, the tell me they cannot replace the DVR even though I am paying for a maintenance contract.

I'm getting ready to go back to Dish.

Do you have a Dish/LNB with four outputs? Is there an external multiswitch being used?
What are your signal strengths on all transponders on all satellites?
Check when you have the problem and when all is okay.
Are the signal strengths on the basic receivers always the same?

Looking back to a previous thread of yours, I see you had an external switch. Did it ever get swapped out? What about the cabling?

Do you have a Dish/LNB with four outputs? Is there an external multiswitch being used?
Check when you have the problem and when all is okay.
Are the signal strengths on the basic receivers always the same?
Looking back to a previous thread of yours, I see you had an external switch. Did it ever get swapped out? What about the cabling?

It is now a non issue - I will be a Dish customer come April 13.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)