DVR not calling out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SteveinTN

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
I have a Hughes 35 hour DVR. I got it in November. Last night there was a message that it had not made phone contact in 2 weeks. I disconnected the telephone line and tried it with another phone and there was no problem, so I have already eliminated that as an issue. Do I need to worry about anything, or am I just going to get a nusance screen from time to time? I don't know if it is worth calling D* about or not. If I called D* wouldn't they would most likely want me to reboot? If I do that would I not lose what I now have recorded? Just wondering. Oh yes, the message that the DVR is giving me is Failed. Busy calling Directv. I tried the test and it goes through the preparing step and then I get the busy message on the second step.

You will be fine i you restrt the recorder. Did you try to force a call. The only reason you would want to is becuase the 6.2 software is coming. The "nag screens" show up more the later you go without a daily call.

I did try a force call and got the same message. Will I lose anything that I have recorded if I do a restart?

You wont lose anything recorded. It is stored on the hard drive. Just kije rebooting you PC. Try a different # to make the call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts