DVRing a PPV for viewing later- no luck

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDinCincy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Cincinnati, USA
I have selected a PPV movie, using the guide and remote (no computer) and recorded it (unattended) to my HR20 HD-DVR. When I go to watch it, after six minutes it locks up and says to check my phone line (error 733) My phone line is A-OK calling out and in. i've connected a phone using the line and even used a loooong phone line to connect to another jack. So I called D* and they could not solve it. They said it should work :confused: So anyway i remember seeing somewhere on this forum (can't find it now) that someone said you can do this and then only pay for the PPV when (if) you decide to watch it. I have ordered PPVs using the D* website and it goes to all my receivers and it's cool, but I believe this should work as i described. Oh, yeah, I also ran the info&test menu and the phone line shows OK. Anyone familiar with this issue? Is it maybe a HR-20 issue only? Thanks!:cool:

Are you using the HD-ppv? When they first started the HDppv they were having trouble with the authorization stuff at the 5 minute mark, when the free preview time runs out. I thought that was fixed in the last software update though.

What software are you running? Hold Info button a few seconds and it should show the version in the system info screen.

Have you done the system test in which it will try to dial your phone to directv? If that fails you may have a bad phone wire or a bad modem in the receiver?

Are you using the HD-ppv? When they first started the HDppv they were having trouble with the authorization stuff at the 5 minute mark, when the free preview time runs out. I thought that was fixed in the last software update though.
It was SD, but you have described the problem and that is what Cust.Serv told me too 'Oh I thought that was fixed.'

What software are you running? Hold Info button a few seconds and it should show the version in the system info screen.
I am NOW running the latest; downloaded on 1/25/08. When the movie was recorded I was NOT running this version.

you done the system test in which it will try to dial your phone to directv? If that fails you may have a bad phone wire or a bad modem in the receiver?
Tested and re-tested the line and when I run "Info&Test" is says OK.

Thanks for any ideas.:eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)