E3 Playstation 3 NEWS!

Yes, but it will cost you $200+ more to play GTA on a Sony in order to get BluRay which may or may not be the new standard as HD DVD is already out and half the cost. Just ask Betamax, SACD, and Digital Compact Cassette owners if they think that Sony is guaranteed to win a format war THIS time....

If you already have a 360 you have no reason to spend 600 to play GTA, but anyone who has neither system, and likes MGS and Gran Turismo and God of War will lean towards spending the extra money because of what it will do later.

That's the thing people seem to forget. It's not about spending $600 to play one launch game in november (or whenever they launch...), it's $600 for the lifetime of the console. That's multiple god of war games you won't get on 360, multiple MGS games, multiple Gran Turismo, multiple Jak and Daxter, multiple Ratchet and Clank, multiple etc, etc, etc...

Compare that to Multiple Halo games (maybe) and maybe multiple gears of war games and sony comes off a bit better...Forza sequels don't sell units, and neither does fable...

Here's a current list of XBox 360 exclusives.... It may change of course, but for now these games require an XBox 360 for the "next gen" versions of the games...

Amped 3
APB
Battle Angel
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Blue Dragon
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Chrome Hounds
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Code: Cronus
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2
Dead Rising
Demonik
Dog Tag
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable 2
Final Fantasy XI
Frame City Killer
Gears of War
Godfather
Halo 3
Huxley
Kameo: Elements of Power
Lost Odyssey
Metronome
Monster Madness
Need for Speed Most Wanter
Ninety-Nine Nights
Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Saints Row
Test Drive Unlimited
Thesis
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland
Top Spin 2

This list is from last year, and other games aren't listed, but it gives you an idea that Sony isn't the only one who can brag about good exclusive games

Battlefield, Call of Duty, Dead or Alive, Oblivion, Gears of War, Halo, Need for Speed, Quake, Tony Hawk - these are the best-selling titles on the market, very big guns, no question about it. Are you sure all of these are 360-only games?

BTW Shacknews lists the first round of games with lower pricetag:

First Round of 360 Price Drops Begins

Though we've seen a few third party Xbox 360 games ship at a price point below $59.99, the vast majority of titles so far have come in at that widely accepted standard. Inevitably, however, prices will fall, and some games that launched at $59.99 have now been marked down to $39.99 by their publishers in the last few weeks. Most retailers should reflect these updated prices soon, or should already have done so. These games include:

- Burnout Revenge (Criterion Games)
- FIFA Soccer 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (EA Canada)
- Madden NFL 06 (EA Tiburon)
- NBA Live 06 (EA Canada)
- The Outfit (Relic Entertainment)
- Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (Ubisoft Montpellier)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (EA Sports)

I dunno but $60 always seemed to me ridiculously overpriced.

Stay away from madden 06. It was a rush job, and has half the features of the old gen version.

Burnout Revenge is the best on the list. Easy to pick up, highly addictive, and REAL fun.

King Kong is a short game. An easy 1000 gamerpoints for 10 hours of gameplay. Kinda fun and great looking visuals. A little dark, so if you have a standard definition TV, you might have to turn up the brightness...

In the interest of fairness here are the PS3 exclusives....

Devil May Cry 4
Eyedentify
Fifth Phanton Saga
Final Fantasy (XII?)
Getaway 3
Gundam World
Heavenly Sword
I-8
Killing Day
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
MotorStorm
Ni-Oh
Tekken
Vision Gran Turismo
Warhawk

Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy are the only titles that I envy. I never had a PS2 so I never had a chance to get hooked on any of the other franchises.

Battlefield is exclusive for now I believe, as is Call of Duty. Once ps3 is out they could get a port instantly (or the next game in the series...). There's no such thing as an exclusive EA game is there? The next need for speed game will be on ps3, etc...It's only exclusive because ps3 isn't out. If it was out right now, it would have versions of everything from EA, COD, Battlefield, Tony Hawk, etc...

Now let's talk about the games that sell consoles...Halo 3, Call of Duty 2 (by default, it was the best launch title, too early to tell if it's going to continue selling well), and Gears of War. That's it.

Sony has DMC 4, Final Fantasy, MGS 4, Tekken, Gran Turismo and Warhawk just from that tiny list. Plus you've got a bunch of other proven franchises. Sony's got a lot of top-selling franchises that microsoft just doesn't. MS has a more "Sell by committee" approach which is good, but not great. I loved games like Crimson Skies and Rallisport Challenge (and part 2), but if you don't make sequels to games that people like, you can't ever hope to build a series. They keep trying to sell us on new franchises instead of sticking with the ones that enjoy mild success and let them grow. A Crimson Skies sequel would sell VERY well on 360...and it's nowhere in sight...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)