OTHER Eagle Aspen v4000 LNBF Setup

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
OK so the pics posted are of that Eagle Aspen LNBF that was “donated” to me by a kind soul here on Sat Guys last winter and the weather has finally gotten good enough to try to install it to see how it works. What I don't know is how to set the polarity/skew on it? Down on the lower end it's got two arrows next to my fingers in the pic, one with a V and the other with an H which I'm “assuming” has something to do with the way it's oriented in the scaler ring?

So, does anyone have any idea as to which side should be “up” when the dish is at due south?

I think I've got a handle on the C and Ku part on the end, which will be controlled by the receiver through a switch.

Thanks

Attachments

• polarity.JPG
    polarity.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 194
  • C-Ku.JPG
    C-Ku.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 214
Like most LNBs it should be V @ 12:00 or 6:00 H @ 3:00 or 9:00

So are you saying that there's a 50/50 chance with the V at 12 or 6? All the LNBFs that I've used before had marks on the Ku end that showed "0" and like 30* lines on either side of that and I always installed them with the "0" pointing up.

OK, I'll give that a try once it stops RAINING!!! DAYUMNIT, when I originally posted this the sun was shining and now it's raining..............again!!!:deadhorse2

So are you saying that there's a 50/50 chance with the V at 12 or 6? All the LNBFs that I've used before had marks on the Ku end that showed "0" and like 30* lines on either side of that and I always installed them with the "0" pointing up.

OK, I'll give that a try once it stops RAINING!!! DAYUMNIT, when I originally posted this the sun was shining and now it's raining..............again!!!:deadhorse2
I'm saying it will work at both positions, one way and 180° the other way. In your case you treat V as 0° and H as 90°

I've had this thing on and off the dish a couple of times but I'm not having much luck with it. Here is a picture of the inside of the tube and notice that "blade" extending off the center tube? Kinda makes me wonder if this thing is circular instead of linear?

What do ya think guys?

Attachments

• aspincirc.jpg
    aspincirc.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 204
I think the blade works like a rod does in other LNBFs. Looking at the spec sheet for that LNB doesn't show anything unusual.

Attachments

• Aspen_V4000_C_Ku_lnbf_Spec.pdf
    46.1 KB · Views: 193
looks like c band is h or v and ku is h or v set up c band line on 5150 and ku on standard 10750. Scan and see what happens. You may only recieve one side of v or h on c and ku. So you could turn the lnb after scan to get the other polarities.

I think the blade works like a rod does in other LNBFs. Looking at the spec sheet for that LNB doesn't show anything unusual.

Would be nice to find a user manual, but I've had no luck doing that. I've been up and down that step ladder so much lately messing with that junk Ebay LNBF I feel like a yo yo.
That and my OTA TV is screwing up too and it seems it's going to require a few trips to the roof to fix that, which is 12 feet from the ground to the gutters?:( I'm too old to be doing this!! :wtf2

Ennywho, thanks for the info guys. I'll give that Aspen LNBF a shot this weekend to see if I can make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)