Echo 7 Ku Nasa and Ion are scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought FTA was a requirement of NASA's carriage agreement with Dish? Maybe not.

Even the barker channels and the slates are scrambled! (At least the ones I have saved)
EDIT: I take it back, did a Coolsat Auto Scan and only Ch. 101 is open.

Last edited:
Nothing is free with this economy anymore by the looks

They even scrambled the 2 FTA channels on 72.5, one of which I really liked. :(

I'm still seeing 2 hidden and one non-hidden channelsthat are still FTA on 2 other sats, but it looks like they are solidifying their security.

It will be interesting to see what the people who like to use foul language at people who post finds blame this one on.

Well, these things come and go. I'm sure we'll get something else to replace these.

Re NASA, and the aggreement, I thought that too, however they've never forced DTV to have NASA FTA, so I'm guessing that the agreement was more that they couldn't charge for it.... or perhaps people with DN receivers can receive it even though they aren't subscribed??? But I don't think ANYTHING is FTA on DTV, except for like 3 barker channels, so again, I don't think they could force DN to keep it free if they didn't force DTV.

i guess i am going to take down my 119 dish and put up another linear dish in its place.
dish space is valuable here as my landlord dont want them everywhere. all i had was 119w and 101w
i hope he don't complain that i am taking down a smaller dish and putting up a larger one
i can't wait to move so i can put up these direcway dishes, super dishes, primestar dishes and a few buds!!!
just to see what his reaction would be, i should put them up here, i would probably have to move before the end of the week, lol.

can we still pull guide data from dick birds ? after thinking about this it seems that the real losers are the content providers. haha. every channel is uplinked more than once. when a carrier encrypts it just means that less people (people who will never pay the carrier) doesnt get to see their pretty advertisements. ill only miss one channel becuz of this(and i hardly watched it). if i can still get guide data off these sats if need be then its not much of a loss. sorry to those of you with dish bylaws. save up for a decent pc, iptv is gonna kill the sat providers anyways, its only a matter of time.

crackt out,.

looks like the ONLY channel left on any of the Dish sats (ITC) is 101

the test card on 110, 129 & 61.5 are gone

I think NASA still ITC on D* .. could be wrong tho

no pro96
I just scanned all the Dish sats...72.5 exempt since its 8PSK

61.5 use to have the Dish slate...gone now
110 had a few channels...all gone..nothing
119 use to have 44 channels...NASA, Angel One and numerous ION & DIsh 101. Now its 5 screens of Dish 101
129 had a slate...gone now

no pro96
I just scanned all the Dish sats...72.5 exempt since its 8PSK

61.5 use to have the Dish slate...gone now
110 had a few channels...all gone..nothing
119 use to have 44 channels...NASA, Angel One and numerous ION & DIsh 101. Now its 5 screens of Dish 101
129 had a slate...gone now

i scanned 72 for you ice and its done. there are a few more dish channels though. but who wants to watch that chick with the funny hair blab away. haha.

crackt out,.

I was thinking of tossing up a 18" for 119 again. Glad I didn't do it, thanks for the heads up :) Pizza is for eating anyway :D Ion & Nasa SD & HD I can get on the Bud. Long live the Bud.

Isn't ION tv still on the 103w c-band 3840H/ 26681 ? lyngsat still has it listed.

I seem to recall that ION was also on FTA Ku about a year ago or maybe I'm mistaken.

Either way if all the slates are gone also then it seems that DN must be doing something on a temporary basis. DN usually has something free as a reference when setting up their customers initially. I remember when I first subscribed they verified that my dish was properly aligned by having me first tune to channel 262 Angel One before they authorized my card.

McGuyver
Those test cards are probably like free preview. Any Dish receiver can get them but they are scrambled.

They are still there (the test cards on 61.5, 110, 129) but show as scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts