Edision Mio+ with Netflix

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I wonder if anybody has used their Edision Mio+ to interface to Netflix? I checked the plugins but didn't find one for this. I can just use my Windows laptop to access Netflix, but I'm getting spoiled and using the Edision, as I do for youtube, would be simpler.

In searching youtube, I found an Arabic video that was explaining how to add Netflix to the Edision. But I presume he was not using TNAP. Anyway, I just rejoined Netflix and I can easily hook my HDMI to my big screen and enjoy it that way.

I wonder if anybody has used their Edision Mio+ to interface to Netflix? I checked the plugins but didn't find one for this. I can just use my Windows laptop to access Netflix, but I'm getting spoiled and using the Edision, as I do for youtube, would be simpler.
Haven't used netflix on the Mio in a while but it did work with the Kodi pligin. Getting logged in was a pain. had to use a script with the Crome browser to get a token but once logged in it did work good.

For the few bucks a Fire device costs, all of the streaming services just work better. Period.
I agree with Mike. Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Discovery. And of course Youtube. Almost flawless.
And Kodi builds are cool. Once they load.
I use my satellite receivers as they are intended to be used. Satellites.

Oh. Forgot to add. A Fire device with an el cheapo BT keyboard/mouse combo kills the sucky up/down/right/left/enter/back/forward....bla bla crap and will keep you from hunting up a new remote once the keys bork.

Reactions: primestar31
I think the youtube video showed accessing a kodi plugin. But when I searched all plugins shown on the Edision, I couldn't find it. Perhaps that plugin is not supported by TNAP 4.1.

Back-up = 2022.01.01_13:20
Version = TNAP 4.1 osmio4kplus with kodi 18.9
Flashed = 2021.09.10_21:37
Updated = 2022.01.01_12:42
Drivers = Enigma2 = 2021-09-14-develop

It's a backup so flash it without backup then set it up from scratch or transfer settings and bouquets. Password = tnap

Reactions: primestar31
If you absolutey, positively must try it. Search for kodilite aarch64 .ipk.
If you manage to install a full-blown version of kodi...bad things will happen.
Your receiver platform is aarch64. And you would use the install local plugins option.
Use FTP to put the file on external storage. And stuff.
I don't use tnap. Openatv all the way for me.
OpenPLI and PurE2 images will give easy kodi options.
Good luck.

Input stream adaptive in tnap 4.1 may need to be updated. Can't get Crackle movies to play. Don't have Netflix at this time so I can't check it.
Crackle plays fine on Openpli 8.1 in Kodi.

...It's a backup so flash it without backup then set it up from scratch or transfer settings and bouquets. Password = tnap
I flashed this into my vacant Slot 2. I can go back to my previous in Slot 4 if I wish. I also transferred over my bouquets and settings. At this point, I could get the satellite side working OK with some more configuring so I will stop that for now.

The kodi plugin seems to be working. Since I'm unfamiliar with kodi, I need to point it somehow to log into my Netflix account. That's what I'm working on now.

And I've reverted back to my original image which is working fine as before. I studied various youtube instructional videos on installing Netflix onto Kodi. Too much for me. I'm not interested in doing that. So I'll enjoy my Netflix in the manner I always have without involving the Edision.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

And I've reverted back to my original image which is working fine as before. I studied various youtube instructional videos on installing Netflix onto Kodi. Too much for me. I'm not interested in doing that. So I'll enjoy my Netflix in the manner I always have without involving the Edision.

Yeah I resubscribed to netflix and got it installed in kodi but now the authentication key part has me stuck. It's an updated version of the nfauthentication app than what I used before and keeps saying it can't find chrome exe.I'll have to find that older version that worked. What ever I will just use the Roku.

I figured out the Authentication app.
My path to Chrome was "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
What I had to do was make it like this.
C:\\Program Files\\Google\\ Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe in the json file.
That is about dumb but that worked.
Now as I expected Netflix did not work on tnap 4.1 because of the stream adaptive but it does work on Openpli 8.1. Watching it now.

Reactions: k.r. and KE4EST
Added the Discovery+ app in Kodi. Also works in Openpli 8.1
Figuring out how to export the cookie took a little time. In the Chrome browser have to add an extension "Get Cookies". I put the cookie at home/root folder in the mio and in the Kodi plugin-Video addon/Discovery+ config menu add the path for the cookie.

Today is my last day for Netflix. Only paid for a month to catch up. Just paid for a month of Paramount+ to try it on Kodi with the Mio4k. sign in was easy with email/password and has an option to sign in with code but didn't try that. First show I played I had to go to audio settings and change the audio stream, had descriptive audio and didn't want that. Paramount + working fine and I'm now running Kodi 19.3 on Openvix image latest python 3 build not the Kodi 18.9 Openpli Tnap image.

Reactions: KE4EST
Tried the Live streams on Paramount+ and they didn't play good with OpenVix so installed Paramount+ on the OpenPli Tnap image and The Live streams play fine so from that I'm going to say Kodi 18.9 on the OpenPLi is better for Paramount+ and the MIO4K. For Netflix Openvix is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts