Edision OS mio 4k remote programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Info with the remote says compatible with Samsung and LG sets. You have 5 programmable keys marked Power, Vol+, Vol-, Ratio, and Back.
I have a Samsung. I programmed the first three keys as labeled. The Ratio was programmed as the Video Size key and the Back button I set for the Sound Mode. I was curious if anyone got a different brand to program and/or what you programmed your buttons for.

Mine work as-is labeled for my 2013 LG 3D 1080p tv set (42LA6200) , so I haven't felt the need to change them. My Tivo Peanut remote (with a full keyboard that slides out!, wish the MIO had that with adding an RF kbd) is already programmed to control the Tivo and my tv, so I use that for the functions I need.

Where do I find information on how to program these keys to control my TV?
Read this
IMG.jpg

Thanks guys for the great info! My Visio's power on off worked out of the box. I now have a 2nd Mio and this got the Insignia's power button working. Also programed a button for input\source like Magic suggested. Also "enter" for another so I don't have to wait for the Insignia to switch sources
Thanks again

Reactions: primestar31
Thought I would report back with an update. I run one of my Mio's audio through a Onkyo AV receiver. I was able to program the mio remote to control the volume up and down on the Onkyo. On my other Mio I run the audio through a Yamaha. Was also able to program the Mio remote for the Yamaha's volume. Sweet!
Power button still operates the tv. Ratio is now inputs on the tv.