Edision Edision Multi-finder

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Hi everyone!

I've been away from the hobby for too long, and this past winter, I began running a new satellite cable infrastructure in my attic for the purpose of re-inventing and rebuilding my satellite system. I've already invested in an Edision OS Mio+ 4K from Titanium (thanks Brian!), and I will be re-working my dish farm on my flat roof this summer and fall.

I have found the OS Mio to be an incredible piece of gear in the limited testing I have done so far, and was wondering if the meter from Edision was worth a look:

I understand that the DVB-T/C functions would be useless, but it looks like a useful piece of equipment for all sorts of AV/HD testing and monitoring (even beyond satellite reception). I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Edision Multi-finder, and if Brian would be able to order it from Edision.

Thanks everyone, and its nice to be back!

Tron, welcome back!

Rolled any more paraclipses down the street yet?

For those that don't understand the reference, definitely the top story on this site ever:

OMG great story. I have story of scavenging a ku dish from dumps. Easier to handle a Hughesnet 38x36 dish. Not supose to take stuff from there but it called my name. So i put it in the back of my truck and unloaded my garbage as workers told me no metal ,metal goes in salvage area. So they already thought it was mine. Brought it home put a Geosat universal lnb on it after bending a metal plumbers tape for a bracket. Now it is my full time 91w dish.

How much is that test instrument? I would have to register (at yet another site) to see pricing - no thank you.

Reactions: Tron
Welcome back Tron.

You might take a look at the Dr. HD 1000s+ or Combo meter. I carried them until the 25% tariff made it a loss leader product offering. Real time spectrum and constellation plus Satellite ID for many satellites. The spectrum display is incredible. Very well developed product.

While I appreciate the quality and performance of the Edision Mio line of STBs, I would not hesitate to carry the Dr. HD again over the Edision Multi-Finder if and when it makes business sense again...

BTW, have a super sweet deal on a few sample Dr.HD 500 meters that use BT to your smart phone or tablet. The frequency range makes it a very useful tool for many RF projects.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcomes! SatelliteGuys is family and always has been!

Brian, I am checking on those Dr.HD meters, and would be interested in the deal on the sample Dr.HD 500 BT meters. That definitely sounds like something I could use. Also, do you have any more ASC-1 controllers?

Lastly, I need to get to work on that Paraclipse! It's been waiting for me!

Last edited:
Stogie, I'm sure your beautiful Paraclipse is providing years of quality service :D ...

One of these days I will locate a 12 footer and snag it. I'm not as shy about asking homeowners as I used to be ;) ...

We'll have to go dish hunting one day!

One of these days I will locate a 12 footer and snag it.
There used to be a bunch of them around here,now I know of only one,mine :biggrin
100_0490.JPG

Stogie, I'm sure your beautiful Paraclipse is providing years of quality service :D ...

One of these days I will locate a 12 footer and snag it. I'm not as shy about asking homeowners as I used to be ;) ...

We'll have to go dish hunting one day!

I dont know about the Southshore, but here on the Northshore I havent seen a dish over 5 feet that I'd even be bothered to ask about in YEARS. I know where there's ONE 10 foot dish that I would bother to get but nobody is ever there, PLUS its 20 feet in the air and I don't do heights. The few Winegard Pinnacle buttonhooks that used to be around are gone now too. I havent seen a Paraclipse out there since I got mine. Its for the best I guess I really dont use my dishes as much as I used to, everything I watch is slowly disappearing.

I dont know about the Southshore, but here on the Northshore I havent seen a dish over 5 feet that I'd even be bothered to ask about in YEARS. I know where there's ONE 10 foot dish that I would bother to get but nobody is ever there, PLUS its 20 feet in the air and I don't do heights. The few Winegard Pinnacle buttonhooks that used to be around are gone now too. I havent seen a Paraclipse out there since I got mine. Its for the best I guess I really dont use my dishes as much as I used to, everything I watch is slowly disappearing.

I hear ya. It's disappointing that we don't have the services that we had 20 years ago. I still have my 4DTV receiver but it's not being used but it's plugged in and wasting energy. Anyway, there isn't much worth watching on TV anymore but if I do watch anything put out in the last 10 years I have to ignore all the social justice and political stuff. I've been streaming a lot of old shows on Amazon, like Magnum P.I., but there are still a few things to watch on C-band. I'm hoping that some new transmission techniques will be developed so that they could move all services to Ku without worrying too much about rain fade - it would be much easier and much cheaper to use the smaller dishes.

There's a 10 foot Winegard on my street, but it's high in the air. Plus, it's not in great condition. I think if I do a C-Band takedown, or even another roll-away, it would have to be something special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts