Effective June 3, 2010, DISH Network will change pricing on select services.

r10fret

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
FL
From my statement from today,

"Effective June 3, 2010, DISH Network will change pricing on select services. You will receive detailed information about these changes in your next statement."

So how do we know how the increases coming after June 3rd will affect us? What is increasing after June 3rd? Any news?

I guess dish is lawsuit happy so they are trying to make up for it.

Attachments

• 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
Dish AT200 is going UP $2
Dish AT250 is going UP $2

If you have 2 or more premiums the cost is going up $2

And a number of international channels or packages are going up $5.

Which internationals? That is all I have left with dish, don't see how they could go any higher then $20 per international and the $6 access fee and still expect to keep subs vs the internet.

Last edited:
International Programming Change Price after 6/3

Chinese: Elite Pack $5.00 increase, $19.99
Bangla: Mega Pack $5.00 increase, $39.99
Portuguese: RTPi $5.00 increase $9.99
Kannada: Udaya TV $5.00 increase $19.99
Russian NTV America $5.00 increase $19.99
Malayalam: Mega Pack $5.00 increase $29.99
Taiwanese: Skylink $5.00 increase $9.99
Malayalam: Surya TV $5.00 increase $19.99
Taiwanese: Super Pack $5.00 increase $34.99
Tamil: KTV $5.00 increase $19.99
Ukraninian: Inter+ $5.00 increase $19.99
Tamil: Sun TV $5.00 increase $19.99
Bangla: Elite Pack $5.00 increase $34.99
Telegu: Gemini $5.00 increase $19.99
PanAfrican Bouquet $24.99
Gujarati: TV9 Gujarat $5.00 increase $9.99
Taiwanese: Elite Pack $19.99
Urdu: ARY Digital/Geo TV Pack $5.00 increase $29.99
Bangla: NTV Bangla $5.00 increase $19.99
Urdu: Geo TV $5.00 increase $19.99

Does not appear to involve the channels I have then,

This level of increase seems just suicidal for dish, for example, RTPi, which is available FTA elsewhere, is going from 5.00 to 9.99, not just a 1.00 but a 5.00 increase which is an 100% increase, that is a joke!

International price increases come with an increase in compression levels too?
Good luck dish! So is this how they plan to pay for the conversion of the internationals to MPEG-4?

So much for not increasing base packages this year...
Why didn't they do this at the time of the increased lease fees on equipment and just not increase lease fees on equipment at all? I wish they would at least give phone line/broadband credit again? Ugh. :(

Does not appear to involve the channels I have then,

This level of increase seems just suicidal for dish, for example, RTPi, which is available FTA elsewhere, is going from 5.00 to 9.99, not just a 1.00 but a 5.00 increase which is an 100% increase, that is a joke!

Not to mention that it went from $3 to $5 this past February so it's a 233% increase in the span of a few months. Ridiculous.

I'm very happy with DISH Network's HD offerings.
I guess you get what you pay for.

I could switch to a different provider, for less, then I'll miss out on my "Dream" HD Lineup.

I'm happy with a $2 increase for my Top 250 package + HD. Let's see... in the past few months I've gotten BBC America HD, DIY HD, E! HD, Fox Soccer HD, G4 HD, History International HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, National Geographic Wild HD, Sportsman HD, Style HD, TruTV HD, Turner Classic Movies HD along with the Platinum channels Epix HD, Epix 2 HD, Indieplex HD, Retroplex HD and Shorts HD. Oh yeah, also Univison HD and one other Spanish language HD station that I can't remember the name of at this moment.

So, 20 new HD channels, including Epix which costs $10 more a month on FIOS because it's a "premium station", and my bill is only going up $2 a month? I'm happy. Very happy.

Show me another provider that has the amount of HD that Dish has available. Even FIOS has significantly less HD channels at this point. As of right now, FIOS is missing: BBC America HD, BET HD, Cartoon network HD, CBS College Sports HD, DIY HD, E! HD, Fox Soccer HD, G4 HD, History International HD, Headline News HD, Investigation Discovery HD, Sportsman HD, Style HD, TruTV HD, Turner Classic Movies HD, Centric HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Epix 2 HD, Indieplex HD, Logo HD, Fashion HD, Retroplex HD and Shorts HD.

And don't even get me started at how much HD DirecTV is missing, even AFTER their additions in the next month that are mostly aimed at premium stations.

Granted, I'd still love to see AMC HD, ESPN U HD, Fuse HD, MLB HD and Smithsonian HD on Dish Network, but I'm beginning to feel a bit greedy for wanting more when I now look at my lineup and see at least 80% of the *real* channels available in HD (not counting junk like "The Research channel", Cspan or HSN).

Robert

Last edited:
No one likes price increases and for me the issue has more to do with the way Dish goes about increases/decreases and adding channels to my package that I still cannot receive. I had platinum and HD since it was first introduced at $20/month. Back in January this forum informed me that Dish no longer was charging new subs for platinum, yet I (as were many others) still paying for it. As is usual it took three contacts with a csr to resolve the issue, no refund just free show and HBO for 3 months. I bet the new price increases will go into effect immediately at midnight June 3. Same issue with the new HD's I still have a hybrid set up so I am not receing the new HD's yet I'm paying for them....BEFORE the new HD's were launched I should have been contacted for a free dish upgrade so I would be able to receive all channels I'm subscribed too.
Periodically I check what DIrect has to offer, overall Dish has more HD and better pricing, although if you are really into sports Direct does have better programing, at least in my opinion. SO while I will bitch and complain with everyone else in the end I'm not going anywhere unless DIsh does something stupid like disable outputs or something like that...

Ross

$2 increase for 250 doesn't seem too bad. The alternative to get FSC and Versus on Directv, with the same channels, is still about $8 a month more I think.

And thanks to Scott for the price updates.

So much for not increasing base packages this year...
Why didn't they do this at the time of the increased lease fees on equipment and just not increase lease fees on equipment at all?

Because then Charlie couldn't have bragged that Dish was the only provider NOT raising programming fees! What a schmuck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)