Effective June 3, 2010, DISH Network will change pricing on select services.

Maybe Charlie trying to maximum the balance and income sheets for Dish (two rate increases in one year, plus increases in onsite service calls for Dish owned equipment); so he can for once and all unload all his company stock at a huge profit for himself and just concentrate on the Echostar Factor of owning the Satellites and the Hardware Manufacturing aspects of DBS.

Not all of them. I own my 722's outright, always have. I can understand a modest administrative fee -- like the old $5 -- for keeping the 2nd unit authorized, but there's little justification for the $17 for owned units.

Everyone has a threshold they'll tolerate. A lot of us particularly like the ViP DVR's and can rationalize paying a bit to use one, but eventually, as others have pointed out, it just isn't going to be worth it anymore. They're making it harder and harder to stay aboard.

Well, business is business. They won't care much if I leave I guess.

very well stated. and just think E can lead the industry in multiple price increase during each year. Why have just ONE? lets raise prices 3 or 4 times:(

providers learn from one another. D and cable will be watching E carefully./

if they dont churn bad everyone will get on the higher fees and multiple increases a year.

whats my grief today is your grief in the future....

I bought all my receivers and installed everything since day one.

a 5 or 7 buck admin fee for extra boxes was fine. 17 bucks per is insanity...

Having dropped AEP, all the preiums and dropped a admitely seldom used receiver my bill has actually gone down a little, if you include the loyalty credit which will run out soon.

but what I get for my money has been trashed:(

If your a pub member my future plans are there:)

Dish had to do something to make up for all the losses from AEP people downgrading.

Correctly said. Looks like a lot of subs downgraded from AEP to 250 or 200 package...when dish raised prices last time on receivers. So they tag along a nice $2 increase on those packages.IMO...Dish is no longer the cheaper TV company. Infact I can get Cable again in my house with their DVR for less price then Dish. Only if I can use Dish DVR on that service.

Maybe Charlie trying to maximum the balance and income sheets for Dish (two rate increases in one year, plus increases in onsite service calls for Dish owned equipment); so he can for once and all unload all his company stock at a huge profit for himself and just concentrate on the Echostar Factor of owning the Satellites and the Hardware Manufacturing aspects of DBS.

He will need to clear the TIVO issue first but thats what I believe is happening......

Perhaps with a move into internet tv?

My bill has gone down, I dropped AEP and a receiver too.

I'll raise hell, I'm not going to pay another $2 for my 200 package and another $2 for my HBO and Starz package unless I get ESPNU in HD!! :rant::rant:

I'll raise so much hell that I'll likely get a promotion discount that will offset these fee's for a year until I get the channel I want cause this is just insane.... $2 is $2 no matter how you slice it for channels I don't even watch.

I'll raise hell, I'm not going to pay another $2 for my 200 package and another $2 for my HBO and Starz package unless I get ESPNU in HD!! :rant::rant:

I'll raise so much hell that I'll likely get a promotion discount that will offset these fee's for a year until I get the channel I want cause this is just insane.... $2 is $2 no matter how you slice it for channels I don't even watch.

report back here. Discounts are few and far between. I told E I am canceling when I dropped the free HBO promo.

Said sorry to lose you have you considered dropping more receivers?

E would care unless they take a big hit on churn.

report back here. Discounts are few and far between. I told E I am canceling when I dropped the free HBO promo.

Said sorry to lose you have you considered dropping more receivers?

E would care unless they take a big hit on churn.

Well for some reason I've always gotten some sort of promotion when I complain but that's not the point, I just want it on record that I think its BS to raise these fee's in such short time for channels I hardly watch.

As a installer I've heard many many people talk about why they left cable or direct which I would say 80% are due to "THEY KEEP RAISING RATES!" Its understandable to raise a rate a few bucks every few years as a type of inflation make up but in the current economic hell we are in many people can't even go those extra few $$ and for some reason Dish just doesn't get it.

Didn't their stock drop a little last quarter..cause it sure as hell will likely drop next quarter or the one after that once people start getting past contract dates.

....... Its understandable to raise a rate a few bucks every few years as a type of inflation make up but in the current economic hell we are in many people can't even go those extra few $$ and for some reason Dish just doesn't get it.......

Costs to Dish go up, so they must pass on those costs and raise rates. And we have more channels today than ever.

Costs to Dish go up, so they must pass on those costs and raise rates. And we have more channels today than ever.

I understand that costs go up.. but twice in 6months and for many people well over the $20/month more??? How do you justify those increases? Also you may have more channels today than yesterday but do you really think the majority watches most of these? I'd give up at least 20 different HD channels right now off the top of my head for just one!

Where I live satellite is my only option. As a retiree with a fixed income, Dish is approaching my threshold of expendable income after 10+yrs. Own my equipment, did my installs. Dish has never been to my house, so I see myself only paying for programming. Don't see the need for all the equipment charges DVR, multiple receivers etc. Like the old days of cable when you had to hide your splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)